Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    I bought a collection and here are some highlights
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I bought a collection and here are some highlights
 Login/Join

Picture of pcetodd
posted
Standard sized for now. I haven't gone through the oversized stuff yet. Some neat items to share.

Well, I was GOING to post them. I've uploaded to OneDrive and can't seem to figure out how to put up anything other than a link.

Why is posting images on this forum so fricking unfriendly?

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Todd (and everyone else) -- posting images from OneDrive.

The Plummer card here is hosted at OneDrive.

Upload a .jpg file to OneDrive.
Open the image at OneDrive.
At the top should be a link to "</> Embed".

Click it, that opens a window and in the window is a box with a long URL. This image will be too large, so select "Medium (660px)" in the Image Size drop-down box.

Put your cursor in the URL box, click anywhere on the URL to select the entire URL, and "CTRL-C" to copy the URL.

Once you've copied the URL to your clipboard, come back to Card Talk and start the post you want to embed the picture in. When you get to the place you want to open the picture, click the small picture icon to the right of the envelope at the top of the post composing window. That opens a dialogue with the title "Image URL". Past the URL into the box of that dialogue. This should link to your image at OneDrive.

Other free and easy places to host images for later linking are Twitter (open a dummy account just to host pictures) and a wordpress blog. In both of those cases, once you get the picture online, left-click on it and "save Image URL", then paste it over here at Card Talk.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Yeah it worked! Thank you Bill.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Ok here we go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pcetodd,

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Some of those might not be giveaways. Like the last one. My guess is it was a pack that was purchased at SDCC. But maybe not. Cool cards anyhow.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
These are some great cards! some of which are quite scarce. Nice finds. Now you can even have a want list sine your collection is growing again. Congratulations!!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I need to do a want list. Working on a dupes list currently.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, Todd, there's some weird stuff in there. I see a Felix promo that promotes his first set (woman in coat). That (and the other two) is hard to find now because it was printed in a lower quantity than the ones for later sets. I see a Kama Sutra card by Victoria Gallery, I think. You don't see that one often. I've never seen the Trains card before.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What are the ones in the fifth group with the banners in the lower right corner?

I see a couple of Zuzupetal Press promos that are tough to find now if you're looking for those.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The two female bodybuilder cards are from a set called BODY-BUILDER TRADING CARDS from 1993.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've seen those Horror Stories cards before and assume those are the unembossed chase cards also sent to dealers. I picked up an oddball cello-pack of 21st Century Archives prototypes last year and I thought I might get at least one of those but got mostly National Lampoon prototypes, a Petty Girl, a Weird Tales, and one of the common Horror Stories prototypes.

Iron Cupcakes?

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We talked about the set the first card (unmarked prototype with "1992" in the upper left corner instead of "1993" on the base card of the set) represents in this thread:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....057054496#8057054496

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
What are the ones in the fifth group with the banners in the lower right corner?
Jess

"Engineering In the Classroom", no year (but has a website, so it's newer than the mid 90s); Lockheed Martin is on the backs.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
The two female bodybuilder cards are from a set called BODY-BUILDER TRADING CARDS from 1993.

I have those noted as "Pro Body Builders".

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I don't think I've seen those Horror Stories cards before and assume those are the unembossed chase cards also sent to dealers. I picked up an oddball cello-pack of 21st Century Archives prototypes last year and I thought I might get at least one of those but got mostly National Lampoon prototypes, a Petty Girl, a Weird Tales, and one of the common Horror Stories prototypes.

Iron Cupcakes?

Jess

Some Horror Stories and Weird Tales SC- non-embossed, yep.

Iron Cupcakes??? Eh?

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Here's a better look at the train card.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In the 7th group, there's a card showing art of three women and it says "Iron Cupcakes" at the top. It reminds me of one of those "Spoof Comics" cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember getting those 2 Poe promos at SDCC in the late 90's.

I didn't know there was a promo for Ackermonster's Cardiac Kids or is that a card from the set?

Jess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,