Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    I bought a collection and here are some highlights
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I bought a collection and here are some highlights
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That Mallrats pack is hard-to-find now. Some Marvel collectors want it just for the Stan Lee card.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
The two female bodybuilder cards are from a set called BODY-BUILDER TRADING CARDS from 1993.

I have those noted as "Pro Body Builders".

This is interesting. I have the exact same STYLE cards, but not those two pictured. They must be promos for the set. Tomorrow, when there is better light, I will post a picture of an empty wrapper and another card from the set. If you are interested in trading something for those two cards please let me know!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
In the 7th group, there's a card showing art of three women and it says "Iron Cupcakes" at the top. It reminds me of one of those "Spoof Comics" cards.

That and those around it are from Blue Comet Press.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will be lucky if I find more than a dozen of the cards pictured in my own collection.

Todd are these from the cards you had to get shipped from the west coast?

regards

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I will be lucky if I find more than a dozen of the cards pictured in my own collection.

Todd are these from the cards you had to get shipped from the west coast?

John

Yes John, they are. I have some more to share. Until last Monday, I too had very few if any in the pics. I used to have a lot of them but I stupidly sold my collection years ago. now Im working on getting it back and that collection I bought is a HUGE help.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of the wrapper and one of the Sandy Riddell cards from the BODY-BUILDER set. The Riddell card in your lot and the other card are NOT included in the set, so I assume they are promos. Can you take closer pictures of the packets and the backs, please? And if you want to trade them, let me know!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does the back of your Riddell card have a number ?

The promos are unnumbered, I believe.

Someone posted a list here on Card Talk awhile back of the promos, I think he/she had a dozen different ones.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
yeah the body builders cards are promos. they are unnumbered. I'll consider a trade, sure. Shoot me an email with your demands. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yes, the card is numbered, it is part of the base set. I put all the female cards in a binder and all the male cards in a drawer, but that's just me.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Probably the last of the standard sized ones.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
This isn't a promo set, but I always liked Good Stuff Cards product and was happy to get this little set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Todd,

In the first scan (#17 total) I see three Savage Planet cards by Dan Parsons. That card next to the dinosaur one and above the "warrior woman" one looks like similar art. What is that card?

What are the cards with the planets on them in #20?

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What are those pink-bordered Betty Boop and Beatles cards?

I've heard about those Earth Tribe and Stamp cards before. It's great to see them.

Thanks,

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Some very nice cards there.

I particularly like the woman with the red cape card.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Todd,

In the first scan (#17 total) I see three Savage Planet cards by Dan Parsons. That card next to the dinosaur one and above the "warrior woman" one looks like similar art. What is that card?

What are the cards with the planets on them in #20?

Jess

The two cards immediately to the left of t he Savage Planet ones are also both Savage Planet cards, and with text on backs (the ones that say Savage Planet I think are blank).

The planet ones in #20 are on page 104 and 105 of PCE2008 under "NASA Planets". I didnt know what else to call them at the time but a closer inspection says the cards are called "NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory". I've only ever seen three of them a few times.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are those pink-bordered Betty Boop and Beatles cards?
Jess

those are calendar cards dated 1992 (1993 calendar) by American Images, the same people who put out the black and white Beatles set with the hand-stamped backs.

Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
Really cool promos you got there. Have never seen those Earth Tribe cards before, very cool!

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Promo collecting doesn't give a sh*t about politics. Ever seen this one in the hard case like this?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
Ever seen this one in the hard case like this?

Isn't that what Bill said to Monica Lewinsky?

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
HEH HEH!!! I need to be choose my words more carefully when it comes to Slick Willy.