Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Panini Golden Age Woodrow Wilson question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panini Golden Age Woodrow Wilson question
 Login/Join

Picture of pcetodd
posted
I have a card of Woodrow Wilson that says Panini Golden Age. It has a "National" foil stamp on it and the 1/4.

I know the set it comes from but is this a promo? Is the 1/4 meaning only 4 were stamped? Is it a promo? Whats the deal?

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What year of Golden Age? My guess is it was a promo in conjunction with The National card show. Usually companies have wrapper redemption programs for mystery items, this was probably one of those. And they would've only stamped 4 of this particular card for the show.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Its from 2013. the back says "Card No. 16".

And the silver foil number is 4/5.

Front says "2013 National"

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I put the images up here: https://imgur.com/a/iXjdJSs

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found this article: https://www.cardboardconnectio...ention-trading-cards

Note this line:
quote:
Also worth noting is that several cards from other releases have been inserted in 2013 Panini National Sports Collectors Convention wrapper redemption packs.

I think that's what you have.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I got it. There was a set called Golden Age Baseball. Looks like they printed up 5 of each base card in this way and handed them out. Probably did the whole set that way. Too bad its a lot of sports figures. Make me less interested in it.