Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Disney - Pixar Projectionist sets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney - Pixar Projectionist sets
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted
Hi gang,

I am just trying to figure out how many of the Disney/Pixar projectionist sets there are.

I have:

Cars 2 (2011) - 9 card set <<<---Added
Toy Story 3 (2010) - 11 card set <<<--- Added
Up (2009) – 11 card set
Wall.E (2008) – 10 card set, 11 card set <<-- Revised
Ratatouille (2007) – 9 card set, 11 card set <<-- Revised
Cars (2006) – 10 card set
The Incredibles (2004) – 9 card set

I know there is an 11 card Wall.E set as well, but besides that, are there any that I have not listed that anyone is aware of?

Thanks.

Mike.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: miket999,

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Those are the only ones of which I'm aware. However, I didn't know there were two separate Wall-E sets. How are they different?

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
1 card. First 10 are the same. The 11th is for digital projections from what Greg Geerts (I think that is who told me) told me.

I have only seen the 11-card set a few times and have not been able to grab it.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I thought that I would keep this list updated and add Toy Story 3 to the list, an 11-card set.

Card 1 is lenticular. Card 11 is also lenticular. Also, card 11 is the first time a Projectionist Trading Card set has had a card done for IMAX 3D.

Mike.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I have recieved additional information on the Ratatouille set from 2007. I initially show it as a 9-card set, well, there are 2 more cards - #10 and #11. The additional 2 cards are for Digital Projection Information.

As with Wall.E, I think they must have sent sets with or without the Digital Projection Cards depending on the capability of the theater that received the set.

Mike.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I just noticed something on the last card of The Cars set. It has a serial number on the set. None of the other sets have that from what I have seen.

Not a big deal really, just something I noticed. Oh, and FYI, my serial number is 08510.

With that high of a number, and seeing not many projectionist sets shown up, I wonder how many of these sets ended up in the trash can.

Mike.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
To update Mike's list, there is now a 9-card projectionist set for Cars 2. Two of the cards are lenticular, but I'm not sure which numbers they are.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I got a set in the mail today so I can answer that question:

Card 1 is lenticular and the 9th card (not numbered) is lenticular.

All of the cards are numbered 1 through 8, except the last card. Where the number should be, it says "Dolby".

Mike.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
I got a set in the mail today so I can answer that question:

Card 1 is lenticular and the 9th card (not numbered) is lenticular.

All of the cards are numbered 1 through 8, except the last card. Where the number should be, it says "Dolby".

Mike.

That was Quick!!

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I updated the list at the top of the post to show the Cars 2 set.

Brave coming out in June 2012, so I'm sure that we will see another set until then.

Mike.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cars 2 has a 10 card set as well. Only IMAX theaters got them. The set contains a different Tokyo card and instead of a number on the back of the card it says IMAX.

Posts: 6 | Location: TX | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Welcome to NSU Card Talk. Wave

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what is the best way (beside ebay) to aquire these sets? I asked a local theather and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
eBay is probably your best bet. Most theater employees take them or even destroy them.

Posts: 6 | Location: TX | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BloodyMurray:
eBay is probably your best bet. Most theater employees take them or even destroy them.

"...destroy them."

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Fools

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I have not tried this, but the cards are included in with the prints/hard drives of the Disney/Pixar films, so I'm guessing whoever checks in the films when they arrive to the theatre, or the projectionists at the theatre are the ones getting their hands on the cards. I am not sure your normal theatre employee would ever see them.

Disney says 8 to 10,000 sets are printed. I bet a large portion end up in the trash can, or given to kids to "Play" with.

Mike.

Mike.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cars 2 has a 10 card set as well. Only IMAX theaters got them. The set contains a different Tokyo card and instead of a number on the back of the card it says IMAX.

Thanks for that information. I had not heard that yet. All the sets that I have seen so far on Ebay and other places have been 9-card sets. My own set is the 9-card set as well, so I have to go hunting for the IMAX card...

Mike.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just when I thought my Cars 2 card collection was complete... Thanks for the information and welcome to Card Talk. Smile

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
IMAX card, front.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
IMAX card, back.