Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    1997 Disney Villains
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1997 Disney Villains
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
Allender lists the 25 card set which I own. I recently came across these same 25 cards except the bottom of each is gold foil stamped "1997 Official Disneyana Convention". Can anyone shed light as to how these cards were distributed? Were they a giveaway to attendees or were they sold at the convention?

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
The set was sold at the convention (in a tin that is very large compared to the actual size of the cards). Other sets were sold at the Disneyana Convention from 1998 until at least 2001. The last official Disneyana Convention was held in 2003, but I do not know of any sets being issued for the last two years.

I also know of two cellophane packs of Disneyana Convention cards: a 5-card set from 1992 and a 6-card set from 1996. I believe these were handed out for free, but cannot say for certain.

Probably more information than you were looking for, but I hope this helps!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE
Probably more information than you were looking for, but I hope this helps![/QUOTE]

It's never too much info when it comes to learning about cards.
Thanks!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post