Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Ralph Snart cards #29-36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ralph Snart cards #29-36
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone ever seen these ? Only cards 1-28 came in the comics. The comics were cancelled before the rest could be inserted, but the others do exist. I know someone who has 35 of the 36 in the set.

I, myself, do not have them. I have only seen scans of them.

Rumor has it that NOW Comics sold them st some point, briefly, in the 1990s, but only for a short time

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone come across these yet ? No luck on my end

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Took me 23 years to find these, but I came across a complete set of 36 last week, and bought it for a mere $ 25

Only cards 1-28 came in the comics. Cards 29-36 were never released to the public in 1993

I was told for years that only 2-3 sets still exist, that all the rest were destroyed

I found them by tracking down an employee of NOW Comics, which went out of business around 1994

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That is real dedication, and it makes me want to pull out my old Ralph Snart comics and give them a read.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up Great news! Congrats on the rare item pick-up and especially for the great price. (Always glad when someone catches one o' them white whales without killing themselves to do it.)

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would like to post scans of the cards here so that people can see them. Just the 8 cards

Can anyone help me ?

Is there someone willing to post them here, if I email you the scans ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sure, send them to me and I'll post them...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the 8 that were not inserted into the comics, fronts and backs. Very rare. Only a few exist.

http://s1275.photobucket.com/u...zpslo4edad9.jpg.html

Just push the arrow on the right to forward, to see the backs

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great color on those. Congrats on the pickup, and thanks for sharing!

I remember Now Comics on the racks in 1987 or so at Albertson's supermarket right next to the Marvels and DCs. It was pretty unusual for an independent company to get that kind of distribution in those days. I have a few Ralph Snarts and some of their "Married: With Children" comics. They also made the original "Terminator" comics, including a miniseries with early art from acclaimed comics illustrator Alex Ross.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Glad you liked them. I never knew they existed until one day, about 7-8 years ago, I went on Snart creator Marc Hansen's website where he has pictures of all 36 cards

There were also the Mr.T comics by NOW, as well. Wonder if there were any unreleased cards on that ? No one is 100 % certain as to how many Mr. T cards there were...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David must've noticed that the link is broken so he sent me his scans of the fronts and backs of #29-36.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post