Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    1993-1994 Valiant Thank You and San Diego Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1993-1994 Valiant Thank You and San Diego Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Does anyone else remember these, the 3 promo sets put out by Upper Deck in 1993-1994 for Valiant Comics ? I have one of each card (no extras) that I picked up piece by piece, mostly from other promo collectors, about 10 years ago. It cost me alot to complete the sets. As I long ago found them all, I have not searched on ebay or anywhere else for them over the last decade.

Has anyone else pursued them ? How hard are they to find now ?

In my experience, at least 10 years ago, the 36 1994 Thank You's were the easiest to find (sold for $3-4 each) as they came in Triton magaine. The 1993 San Diegos were the next "easiest" to find, but completing a set was still tough. However, the 1993 Thank You's were IMPOSSIBLE to find, for reasons unknown. Every now and then you'd find a single card, but not often, and a set was very rare.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
They are hard to find. Never chased after them, but have about half of whats listed in PCE.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I was at the show and got many of them. They were not numbered so was not sure how many there were. I have extras and would trade for ones I don't have.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
I was at the show and got many of them. They were not numbered so was not sure how many there were. I have extras and would trade for ones I don't have.
Ace

I'd love to buy or trade for these from you! -Erskine

Posts: 4 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: May 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw a lot of 19 of the 36 cards from the 1994 set sell recently for $ 72

All 3 sets seem to be hard to find now, much more so than 15-20 years ago

The two 1993 sets in particular are VERY tough now

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post