Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Odd Comic Images 1/1 Promo Auction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odd Comic Images 1/1 Promo Auction
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I guess I can't post a direct link, but "you know where", someone is selling an uncut strip of 1990s Comic Images promos (Wolverine, Savage Dragon, Punisher, etc)

Auction says it is a FRACTAL variant, as opposed to prism, one of a kind.

Asking price, $ 750 !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:

I seen that a long time ago. It's just a three card strip. I purchased a couple of strips for 10 each last year and cut them up. Just someone that thinks they have something rare, or just have a greedy soul.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John, I have the strip, as well, but haven't looked at in awhile. I recall mine as being prism. Do you think the one in his auction is non-prism, or is it just the prism one that we all have ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I just went to try and find it again and could not. At the time I seen it, looked like the ones that I had.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just ran across a discussion of this elsewhere on the forum. The poster put scans up of two clearly different 4-card strips. One has that random-looking "broken glass" background' the other has horizontal rows of the prisms. I looked at my cards and see I have the 4-card strip and even a 2-card strip (Punisher, Savage Dragon) of the "broken glass." I have promo singles of Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Savage Dragon with the horizontal rows. I hadn't noticed the difference before.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had lost track of where I saw that discussion but just found it again:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....597062916#2597062916

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
What is so hard about typing Ebay? I just don't get it.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do you know if singles were ever distributed or just the 4-card strips? Like you, some collectors and dealers cut up strips (and sheets) later because they were often incompatible with binders (some cut up because one or more cards was damaged) and some of those found their way to the market. These cards are slightly larger than regular 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. There are also regular-sized versions.

quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
quote:

I seen that a long time ago. It's just a three card strip. I purchased a couple of strips for 10 each last year and cut them up. Just someone that thinks they have something rare, or just have a greedy soul.