Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Odd Comic Images 1/1 Promo Auction

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/7337086926

March 22, 2013, 12:49 PM
David R
I guess I can't post a direct link, but "you know where", someone is selling an uncut strip of 1990s Comic Images promos (Wolverine, Savage Dragon, Punisher, etc)

Auction says it is a FRACTAL variant, as opposed to prism, one of a kind.

Asking price, $ 750 !
March 22, 2013, 02:13 PM
John Oder
quote:

I seen that a long time ago. It's just a three card strip. I purchased a couple of strips for 10 each last year and cut them up. Just someone that thinks they have something rare, or just have a greedy soul.
March 22, 2013, 03:14 PM
David R
John, I have the strip, as well, but haven't looked at in awhile. I recall mine as being prism. Do you think the one in his auction is non-prism, or is it just the prism one that we all have ?
March 22, 2013, 03:32 PM
John Oder
I just went to try and find it again and could not. At the time I seen it, looked like the ones that I had.
August 19, 2017, 01:46 AM
catskilleagle
I just ran across a discussion of this elsewhere on the forum. The poster put scans up of two clearly different 4-card strips. One has that random-looking "broken glass" background' the other has horizontal rows of the prisms. I looked at my cards and see I have the 4-card strip and even a 2-card strip (Punisher, Savage Dragon) of the "broken glass." I have promo singles of Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Savage Dragon with the horizontal rows. I hadn't noticed the difference before.
November 05, 2017, 12:10 AM
catskilleagle
I had lost track of where I saw that discussion but just found it again:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....597062916#2597062916
November 05, 2017, 09:47 AM
cardaddict
What is so hard about typing Ebay? I just don't get it.
November 02, 2018, 07:25 PM
catskilleagle
Do you know if singles were ever distributed or just the 4-card strips? Like you, some collectors and dealers cut up strips (and sheets) later because they were often incompatible with binders (some cut up because one or more cards was damaged) and some of those found their way to the market. These cards are slightly larger than regular 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. There are also regular-sized versions.

quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
quote:

I seen that a long time ago. It's just a three card strip. I purchased a couple of strips for 10 each last year and cut them up. Just someone that thinks they have something rare, or just have a greedy soul.