Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Dart BSG Video Promo- 1996
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dart BSG Video Promo- 1996
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted
I've been looking for a lead on this for, well, 24 years now lol. Does anyone have details on this card? What the front picture is?

The info on the back of the checklist card states the titles of the videos they were available with. My guess is they were only given with mail orders of these videos through Dart, and not available through regular distribution.

The Revell model promo states that it was produced exclusively for Revell-Monogram, so would the video promo have a similar statement?
I'm guessing the this promo was only made through mail order too, as per card #33.

Lots of guesses on my part lol

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The front shows two Cyclons. PCE2008 noted that the card was inserted with videos but not whether there was a special edition nor if it was available only directly through Dart.

The back offers a base set and a set with the binder directly from Dart with a New York address. The card is unnumbered.

Back then, it was not a common promo but you could find it in the $5-8 range. I've noticed that it is harder to find in recent years. I started looking for it 5-6 years ago and found it 2-3 years ago. I think I paid about that.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Komodo:
I've been looking for a lead on this for, well, 24 years now lol. Does anyone have details on this card? What the front picture is?

The info on the back of the checklist card states the titles of the videos they were available with. My guess is they were only given with mail orders of these videos through Dart, and not available through regular distribution.

The Revell model promo states that it was produced exclusively for Revell-Monogram, so would the video promo have a similar statement?
I'm guessing the this promo was only made through mail order too, as per card #33.

Lots of guesses on my part lol

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

Can you not please post a picture as you have the card which should make Komodo and other Battlestar Galactica fans reading this more than happy?

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

Yes, I'm planning on doing just that. I will try to scan it tomorrow but the Kinko's (Fed Ex office) close to me has temporarily closed (possible COVID outbreak there) so I would have to go to one farther away to scan it. We're going under a stay-at-home order as of 10pm PST tonight and I don't know how that will affect the store hours. During the previous order, Fed Ex shut down access to the public copiers/fax/desktops for at least a month.

Hey, I like Battlestar Galactica too. I haven't seen the model kit card in years.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Jess

Can you not please post a picture as you have the card which should make Komodo and other Battlestar Galactica fans reading this more than happy?

regards

John

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Here's the front & back of the Revell promo-

Also- a special 5" x 7" art card which was included with the Binder (something else I do not have but would like to get)

It would be great to see a pic of the movie promo Thumb Up

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Komodo,

The back of the video card is very similar with the same "Limited Edition Collectible Offer" but without the image of the planets and without any note about the card having been produced exclusively for another company. It has the same image of the Galactica on the bottom.

Thanks for those images. I don't remember the larger card. There was a time when the Tall Boy card was hard to find but there are pile of them on "the bay."

I will do what I can to get the card scanned tomorrow.

Jess

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

My printer is also a scanner and a photocopier and prints photographs. It is made by Canon, I don't have to travel very far (about 18 inches) from my usual spot when using the laptop and it is Covid free.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Thanks for posting.

I wonder why the BSG video card was, at least back in the day, not hard to find, but that MR. BEAN card from the VHS tapes, also produced by Dart, is.

I believe that Jess posted the scan of the BEAN VHS card a few months ago here on Card Talk. I do not have that one, nor have I ever seen it before, aside from his scan.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I just got one from eBay for a couple bucks, David.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Great- thanks for posting! And I'll keep looking...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Greg Geerts beat me to it. I scanned that BSG card today. You have to stand in line to get inside a Kinko's/Fed Ex Office now with a 7 person capacity and 15 minute time limit inside. I couldn't do it yesterday.

As for the Mr. Bean card, it seemed to appear out of nowhere last year. I came across it in a search for something else. Some Ebay sellers try to sell all kinds of base cards and old chase cards as promos and I usually fly right by those but that one hit me as something different so I researched it finding no listing for it anywhere.

Jess