Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Deathmate (Upper Deck) promo box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deathmate (Upper Deck) promo box
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
There is a factory set of this comic set from 1993, supposedly only 100 made, which says "For Promotional Use Only Not For Sale" on it

I saw it today for the first time. Not that I have been actively looking for it.

How hard is it to find ? How often does it turn up ?

Apparently it contains the complete base set with all chase inside.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Evening

David R has asked me to post the following pictures for him. Enjoy!

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
This brings back a lot of memories. A local card shop sold boxes at 10 bucks a pop. I must have bought a dozen and still never finished the foil set!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it certainly does. I have had the cards for 25 years plus, myself (but not the promo box)

Sadly, the base sets and chase are mostly forgotten now, and can pretty much be picked up on ebay for next to nothing.

From what I can see, the only thing which makes this a promo item is what is written on the box. The contents seem to be just the cards and chase---nothing exclusive to this promo box.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post