Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    A Nightmare on Elm Street 1991 Impel
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Nightmare on Elm Street 1991 Impel
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted
Just curious if anyone out there knows just how many NOES promos were released for the 1991 Impel set. I have the one with Freddy adjusting his glove, but have heard there may be as many as 7.

Any info?

Thanks!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
Allender's site says there are 6 other promos, but doesn't give descriptions.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Val:

PCE says there are 7:

- NOES

- NOES2: Freddy's Revenge

- NOES3: Dream Warriors

- NOES4: The Dream Master

- NOES5: The Dream Child

- Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare

- the 7th card is the one you have and is the only one not marked "Sample" on the back.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I guess I have some work to do to find the other 6 cards. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have two, the one that doesn't say sample and the Freddy's Revenge, which does.

All 7 exist, but unfortunately they're very difficult to find. I've never seen them for sale, anywhere

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any chance you can scan the card you have? I am curious. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sure, I can do it at some point later this week. Do you know how to post scans here on Card Talk ? If you email me, I can send it to you in a few days when I dig out the card.

mistermycroft@msn.com

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Sure, I can do it at some point later this week. Do you know how to post scans here on Card Talk ? If you email me, I can send it to you in a few days when I dig out the card.

mistermycroft@msn.com

I know you can add pictures if you have them on a photohosting site like photobucket.

Val Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I think one is like a set of 5 cards.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for these sample cards for 19 years and have only found 1 of the ones marked sample.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have just the one, the sample for the second movie, "Freddy's Revenge." It does say SAMPLE on the corner of the back.

I, too, have been looking for the others for years, with no success.

I promise I will dig it out and will post the scan--I just need to find what binder I put it in !

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Albert and CordeliaChase_Fan,

Could you post a scan of yours as well?

Thanks.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just curious if anyone out there knows just how many NOES promos were released for the 1991 Impel set. I have the one with Freddy adjusting his glove, but have heard there may be as many as 7.

I'm curious too... I traded this NOES promo (Impel) to CC_Fan. It was one of the first promos I acquired almost 20 years ago!

I have a couple more of them to trade so I've added it to my trade post here on CTalk.

Never seen any of the others but I'd like to add them to my horror promo binder!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
David R asked me to post these scan for him:

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
My scanner recently broke and i have to get a new one so I can't post a pic of the one sample card i own.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found my copy of the Promo Card guide and the same sample depicted here is also depicted in that book along with a B&W promo/sample for Nightmare on Elm Street 3. They look to be images used in the base set- at least for those two cards anyway.

Val

Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to the one I have. The back doesn't say "Sample". It has an offer for the factory set.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31191893@N08/4482392989/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dstrohmeng,

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So I was on eBay a couple of nights ago and I saw this:

and I am thinking- that's odd, why would someone only have a handful of Nightmare on Elm Street cards when they came in one box set and not in packs.

So I decide to bid on them on eBay from a seller who at the time had just 2 positive ratings. One thing that keeps nagging at me is that two of the cards depicted in the lot were also used for the SAMPLE cards that have been so elusive over the years, so I am like sure why not? If they are just regular base cards, it never hurts to have extras.

So I get them in the mail today and wouldn't you know it- I got a complete set of the six SAMPLE cards for "A Nightmare on Elm Street" which have been extremely elusive from what I have heard/seen. There were two extra cards in the lot that were from the base set- one from "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and one from "A Nightmare on Elm Street 4" but I have now solved the mystery of the NOES promos.

So, using its corresponding card number in the base set, here is what each SAMPLE card depicts

"A Nightmare on Elm Street"- Card #8- Heather Langenkamp as Nancy Thompson on front.
"A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge"- Card #21- Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger on front.
"A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors"- Card #52- Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger with syringes on his glove on front.
"A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master" -Card #69- Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger with Tuesday Knight as Kristen Parker in his clutches on front.
"A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child"- Card #90- Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger in waiter outfit on front.
"Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare"- Card #106- Shon Greenblatt as John Doe in straitjacket on front.

The text on all but the "Freddy's Dead" card are different from the actual released cards which was also neat to see.

And the price I paid for all this-

$3.49 including S&H.

Smile

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! WOW!!!You may be the only person that actually has all 6 of the cards. So Each card says SAMPLE on the back right? Congrats! Well done. Wave

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes each card says SAMPLE on the back- I couldn't believe it when I opened the envelope. The only card not depicted clearly in the photo above is the "Nightmare on Elm Street" promo for the first movie. I am extremely excited about the find. I also am happy that the promos don't just feature Freddy.

Val