Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    A Nightmare on Elm Street 1991 Impel
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Nightmare on Elm Street 1991 Impel
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Just saw the NOES5 and NOES2 sample cards you know where- same seller that we've been discussing that found the promos for NOES1, NOES4, and FD:TFN. No NOES3 from what I can see.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. I just grabbed the sample #5. I already had #2, although mine is slightly beat up, however I am not willing to spend $75 to replace it !

Now if only I can find # 3...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is a lot of money for the card- I wonder where this particular seller found these guys. It also looks like he had a part 3 when you check out the closed auction. I wish I knew how rare these are and also just how they were distributed....

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it looks like he had a # 3 on ebay yesterday, which sold ! I wonder if he has another

Regarding the price, all I can say is that prior to 2012, I'd never seen ANY of these come up for sale, aside from the # 2 that I bought in the 1990s. All of the big time promo collectors are looking for these, so in my opinion the price is not out of line. These are more desirable, in my opinion, than any modern sketch card or autograph.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I spoke again to the seller, and he claims that the # 3 which sold on Monday is the ONLY one he doesn't have an extra on. Frown He has extras on # 2 and 5, however. I am so disappointed that I missed out on # 3 !

I looked at the auction, and noticed that they don't list the buyer's ebay ID. Any idea why ?

Val, how can I get you to part with your # 3 ? Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Alas, I am not looking to sell my promo cards anytime soon...NOES is one of my favorite licenses and I intend to hold on to the cards... sorry. Frown

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Sheepishly raises hand and confesses. I now have the whole set! Wavey David, after we talked I realized that I already had the #1 card. But thanks for the heads up on it my friend. Now if I could just find that Speed Racer P3!!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Sheepishly raises hand and confesses. I now have the whole set! Wavey David, after we talked I realized that I already had the #1 card. But thanks for the heads up on it my friend. Now if I could just find that Speed Racer P3!!

Congrats on completing the set of NOES promos!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Val, I am encouraged by the fact that you used the words "anytime soon." Perhaps in another 20 years ? Smile

Promoking, did I mention that I will be visiting your neck of the woods in FL soon ? Better keep that # 3 under lock and key ! (Just kidding)

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Thanks Val. You know how much I wanted these based on how much I had previously offered you to let yours go. Alas, you wouldn't even negotiate! The true sign of a devoted collector. Thumb Up

David. We have got to get together. Please shoot me your phone number and LMK when you'll be in Florida. About that number 3, how about I leave it to you in my will if you do the same for me on your Speed Racer P3 Smokin'

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a deal ! Smile

Albert, I sent you my number yesterday. Call me next week sometime, after work.

BTW, I was joking about Florida. No plans to visit the state anytime soon.