Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    James Bond Johnny Lightning cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond Johnny Lightning cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I have seen James Bond Johnny Lightning cards numbered in the 60s dose the set carry on the numbering from the Corgi Toys series or are they two seperate sets if they are two sets could anyone give me information on how many cards are in the Johnny Lightning set also how many are in the Buffy set.Also a indication of the prices.
Piko

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I used to know that. There are two Bond sets and one Buffy. I don't think the Buffys are numbered. I have a box full of the Johnny Lightning cards for these sets I never opened, but was never able to complete any of the sets.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
The James Bond Johnny Lightning promo set has 80 cards. The corgi promo set for James Bond has 50 cards and I don't know how many the Buffy set has. Hopes this helps

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have 18 of the Buffy cards, so there are at least that many.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It seems that they are quiet few and far between as I have only seen about 6 James Bond not expensive but with 80 in the set there is possible a full set will never come up same with Buffy also I recall seeing an Angel Johnny Lightning but could be a part of the Buffy set

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I remember going to hobby shops and Toys R Us to find these cards, never being able to make myself take the cars out of the blister packs to remove the cards. I had them stuck all over the place on my bookshelves, then got tired of dusting them and put them all in a box. I made lists of the cards I had and used them to make sure I didn't buy any duplicates, which I wound up doing anyway. The few freed cards I have were bought from a dealer for $6 apiece, which, considering the cars were about that same price is not such a bad deal. I think the cards were available somehow from Inkworks individually, but I don't know under what circumstances. In fact, I think my dealer may still have a number of these for sale, but I'm sure the price has gone up.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the Buffy cards but for Bond...

The Corgi set has 50 cards - made for the UK market.

The Johnny Lightning set is numbered to 80 but made up of two separate model car releases:
Series 1 (50 cards) and Series 2 (30 cards) - made for the US market.
Johnny Lightning Series 1 uses identical images to the Corgi set - the difference between the sets being the Corgi or JL branding.
All the cards use identical images from the Inkworks Bond base sets GoldenEye, Connoisseur Collection 1-3 and The World Is Not Enough, but this time with the colourful banners at the bottom of the card fronts and the checklist tick-boxes on the back.

A full set of either Corgi or JL was a very rare thing indeed and I painstakingly pieced most of these together (but still don't have a full set) when it was very difficult to find each card, usually still attached to a car, making shipping a killer.

Then Inkworks went bust and a tonne of these hit the market, and are much easier to find now. Complete sets come up fairly regularly and singles are far more abundant, particularly from a UK seller who got much of the liquidated stock.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's good to know, X. Maybe I'll try to find some of these myself now.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
There's a complete set of the Corgi Bond cards on Ebay (not mine) for $250.00. That's $5.00 a card which isn't bad considering it's all them at once.

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that I was given a set of Corgi ones and they did not look like they had been taken from car packs as they were too crisp for that and I wondered about that I am more interested in the Johnny Lightning ones so there mite be hope yet

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
e

Thanks Promo King so I am very Lucky my Daughter brought me a complete set about a month ago Wait approx $23 shipping $20 total $55.34NZ Exchange rate 1.40 per US $ must ask her were she got them all I know it was the UK so good buy hope the Johnny Lightning ones can come up the same seems that that was a good buy