Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Monster Masterpieces Promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monster Masterpieces Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone know how many promos there are on this ? I can't get a straightforward answer from anyone-- even the company that made them

I have the Series 2 promo postcards from way back in 2004 or 2005, but have never been able to find the Series 1 promo postcards from 2003. I've never seen them on ebay, but I know of one person who has a set

These depict old horror movies from the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, etc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Have you contacted Scott Jackson?

www.monstermasterpieces.com

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yes, all he said that there was only one type of promo left. No idea as to how many different ones there are, although I did ask that question

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Spoke to Scott again. He says there is only 1 promo for 2013. It is confusing, as the picture on his website shows a person holding 4 cards under the promo section, and the two prior promo sets he did, back in 2003/2004, both consisted of 4 cards each, I believe

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming the Phibes is the promo card for the 2013 set but it could just as easily not be...I don't understand how this can be volume 1 when volume 1 came out years ago.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received the new promo today

It is postcard sized, and depicts the ghoul playing the organ, or whatever he is doing

The back gives set info, and says the cards are produced "solely for scholarly and historical purposes"

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
The cards in question are the same images as those in Vol.1. The difference is in the production These cards look sharper and more vibrant than the original set. The tech got better so Scott put out the improved looking set.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Based on reading this initial post back on the 2nd, I ordered a set of these cards from Scott. They showed up in today's mail and all I can say is what a pleasant surprise; these cards are TERRIFIC! Great subject matter, spot-on artwork, and extremely vibrant colors make this postcard-size set really stand out. Not sure how I missed this the first time around, but I'm glad to now have this set in my collection. Good job Scott!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
The cards in question are the same images as those in Vol.1. The difference is in the production These cards look sharper and more vibrant than the original set. The tech got better so Scott put out the improved looking set.

Ah so it's a reprint of vol 1, that explains it.

New Card Talk Member
Picture of SJcomicworks
posted Hide Post
Monster Guys,
Hope all is well and good finding you here at Non-Sport Update! Thank you for all your comments and questions. Allow me to attend to some of those immediate answers.

The New 2013 Remasters Vol. 1 - Re-painted and Re-edited much as a band would remaster an album or CD. These are the way they were meant to be, and so glad you guys like 'em.. that means a lot to me!

2013- 14 promos: There will be 4 total promos for VOl. 1. The different versions are being made as we tour the conventions. The Phibes promo is/ was #1 out the gate and is nearly gone. London after Midnight is our #2 & currently available promo. So to be clear, there are 2 out and 2 forthcoming this year. I will offer individual cards on the website during Spring... no worries!

2003- 04 promos availability: If there are any file copies we exhume from the vault (and I'm pretty sure there are), I'll post them here first before anywhere else. If somehow you had an un-answered request for them back then, my apologies not having an immediate solution on that. Email me through the MM site and I'll see what we can do.

Sure to be chattin' it up some more here, very grateful to be now working on the 2nd Vol this time around, and some guest celebrity cards are in the works along this journey.

Thank you for your interest

Scott Jackson

Posts: 3 | Location: Chicago, IL USA | Registered: March 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Scott, I purchased the original set back in 2004 ( where did the last ten years go ) but I did not get the promos so if you find any it would be great to complete my set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just came across 2 promos from the original 2003 set (postcard sized like the new ones). The backs reference Diamond Previews, so perhaps they were given to comic stores ? Curious, how I never saw these at stores in '03

I wonder if there were 4 promos in the original set, as I am pretty certain that I have 4 promos for the Series 2 (2004 or 2005) which PCE lists, so maybe I am missing a few. Will try to post scans later today

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
David R asked me to post these.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly sure I have the Dracula one.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, John. The 2 on top are for Series 1, the 4 others for Series 2.

Still trying to figure out how many Series 1 promos there were. I suspect four....

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh, now these are just plain cool!

Must acquire. Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have 3 of the ser 2 ones ( 2004), I do not have the werewolf one.

I have 3 of the ser 1 ones ( 2003 )but do not have the 2 that are shown above. The ones I have are..............

London after Midnight
Plan 9
Sun Demon

I have 2 of the 2014 ones

Dr Phibes
London after Midnight

New Card Talk Member
Picture of SJcomicworks
posted Hide Post
NEW SIGNATURE CARD... Thank you all for your interest in the Monster Masterpieces Cards. Exciting news on the first signature card to the series... Since 1957, John Zacherley brought the standard for TV horror hosts to generations of fans. From Frankie Avalon to Rob Zombie have acknowledged the best known host of TV's horror film genre. In a team up with artist Scott Jackson comes this new limited edition signature card and is suitable for framing on it's own! Join us and be a part of horror history as Monster Masterpieces Signature Series #1 Zacherley "The Cool Ghoul" becomes available May 29 from www.monstermasterpieces.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SJcomicworks,

Posts: 3 | Location: Chicago, IL USA | Registered: March 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of SJcomicworks
posted Hide Post
PROMO MYSTERY SOLVED! Thank you all again for your interest in the history of the Monster Masterpieces Cards. We've done the data & have an accurate account of the promos for you. Here is the much asked info we are glad to now share. Promos were handed out at Wizard World (Chicago), San Diego Comicon, & Transworld's Haunted Attraction Show (Chicago) between 2003-2005. Only 500 promos for volume 1 were made (6 different images) and identifiable by advertising on the back. The reason these cards are rare is because they were not initially handed out to the general public. They were solely intended as a giveaway for retailers purchasing card sets. The remaining cards were then offered on the Monster Masterpieces website. The 2004 -2006 website offered free promos (By SASE) for both volumes. Volume 2’s promo run was 300. More to come about Vol. 2 promos & hope you'll join us in the adventure as Monster masterpieces Volume 2 comes your way this October 2014.

Cheers,
Scott Jackson
www.facebook.com/monstermasterpieces
Here are the 6 cards from the Volume 1 (2003)...

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That's great stuff Scott, thanks very much for providing the information. Thumb Up