Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Monster Masterpieces Promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monster Masterpieces Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Scott, how many promos are in the Series 2 set from 2004 ? Just the 4 in the scans above ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how many promos there have been since 2013 ?

I have seen 3-- Dr. Phibes, London After Midnight and Dracula

I have also seen a 3-D version of the London promo card, a Frankenstein convention sketch, and a signed Zacherley card, but I think these were all sold, not given away

Anyone know if there's anything else ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
These cards are still confusing me. Can anyone post a scan of the backs one card from each series?

I just got a promo for Series Three through the website.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There appear to be at least 14 promos for the various MM sets released over the years, including a brand NEW one.

2003 Promos. These have distinctive white borders. The names are are not on the cards, but these are the films they depict. There are 6 of these:

- Curse of the Werewolf
- Abominable Dr. Phibes
- London After Midnight
- Destroy All Monsters
- Hideous Sun Demon
- Plan 9 From Outer Space

In 2014, they re-released the 2003 set and did new versions of at least 2 of the promos above, but with different logos and no white border. These were:

- London After Midnight
- Abominable Dr. Phibes

They then had at least 5 promos for a Series 2 set. They were:

- The Fly (1958 film)
- Psycho (1960 film)
- I Was a Teenage Werewolf
- Dracula (Christopher Lee version)

(The above 4 have a 2004 copyright on the front of each, and white borders like the first versions of the Series 1 promos from 2003)

- Mr. Sardonicus

(This one says all new for 2018 on the back)

And now there is at least one promo for a Series 3 set. Card is undated, and shows a curly haired woman with a dagger. Unsure as to what movie this is.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Hi David - where did you see the Series 3 promo? There’s nothing on Scott’s website? Thanks!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You can request a new promo card from the MM website, and that is what they sent me.

The website also lists a few sketch cards, a London After Midnight 3-D card, and a Zacherley card, all of which you can buy, but I don't consider them to be promos, as they are not free giveaways.

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info David!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post