Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Monster Masterpieces Promos

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/7097060766

May 30, 2014, 09:48 AM
David R
Monster Masterpieces Promos
Scott, how many promos are in the Series 2 set from 2004 ? Just the 4 in the scans above ?
February 10, 2015, 03:11 PM
David R
Anyone know how many promos there have been since 2013 ?

I have seen 3-- Dr. Phibes, London After Midnight and Dracula

I have also seen a 3-D version of the London promo card, a Frankenstein convention sketch, and a signed Zacherley card, but I think these were all sold, not given away

Anyone know if there's anything else ?
August 30, 2020, 09:29 AM
pcetodd
These cards are still confusing me. Can anyone post a scan of the backs one card from each series?

I just got a promo for Series Three through the website.
October 15, 2020, 03:17 PM
David R
There appear to be at least 14 promos for the various MM sets released over the years, including a brand NEW one.

2003 Promos. These have distinctive white borders. The names are are not on the cards, but these are the films they depict. There are 6 of these:

- Curse of the Werewolf
- Abominable Dr. Phibes
- London After Midnight
- Destroy All Monsters
- Hideous Sun Demon
- Plan 9 From Outer Space

In 2014, they re-released the 2003 set and did new versions of at least 2 of the promos above, but with different logos and no white border. These were:

- London After Midnight
- Abominable Dr. Phibes

They then had at least 5 promos for a Series 2 set. They were:

- The Fly (1958 film)
- Psycho (1960 film)
- I Was a Teenage Werewolf
- Dracula (Christopher Lee version)

(The above 4 have a 2004 copyright on the front of each, and white borders like the first versions of the Series 1 promos from 2003)

- Mr. Sardonicus

(This one says all new for 2018 on the back)

And now there is at least one promo for a Series 3 set. Card is undated, and shows a curly haired woman with a dagger. Unsure as to what movie this is.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,
October 16, 2020, 12:01 AM
aeolus14ummbra
Hi David - where did you see the Series 3 promo? There’s nothing on Scott’s website? Thanks!
October 16, 2020, 11:30 AM
David R
You can request a new promo card from the MM website, and that is what they sent me.

The website also lists a few sketch cards, a London After Midnight 3-D card, and a Zacherley card, all of which you can buy, but I don't consider them to be promos, as they are not free giveaways.
October 16, 2020, 04:15 PM
aeolus14ummbra
Thanks for the info David!