Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Destroy All Robots
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroy All Robots
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
How tough is it to find promo sets or singles of this 1990s Australian release ?

Many years ago I was able to pick up complete promo sets of all of those Tempo Australian cards (Simpsons, Barbie, Pumped Up Down Under, Gladiators, May Gibbs, Beatrix Potter, etc) but I never had someone offer me a promo set of Robots. Maybe I should've looked harder back in the day ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was hoping someone would pop up on here with some information. . .

Forever ago I picked up the 'Robot Redemption Set' solely because the last card is autographed. . . On occasion I've tried to find more information about these, but have never come up with anything.

In fact these aren't even listed on Allender's site so I have no idea if they are part of the same set. The cards are numbered RR1-RR3.

If you find anything out let me know. . . wish I had something useful to share, but I don't even remember where I got these. . .

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Those are in the style of the various 3 card Redemptions sets in many of the Tempo releases. You would find the card on the left, the "winner" card in a pack and send it in, at which point you'd be sent back the middle "prize" card and the card on the right, which was called a certification card. The winner card would be hole-punched and returned along with the other two and all of them would have matching serial numbers. I have these sets for Peter Rabbit, Simpsons Downunder, and 36 Years of Barbie. They are all quite handsome.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post