Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    What HTF promos have you collected?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What HTF promos have you collected?
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe Henderson
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by David R:
Ones I have been looking for forever, but have never seen in person:

Any U.S. Stamp Collector Cards promos, released by a company called Tower, in 1994; numbered USS1-USS8, I believe

David,
Send your e-mail address to
jhendrsn@coax.net
I have info regarding Tower Cards
(created by Ed Thauer) Knew him personally.
Regards,
Joe H.

Posts: 2 | Location: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Joe H, I will send you an email in a few minutes. You can also contact me at

mistermycroft@msn.com

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Not me, but someone managed to pick up the DC Cosmic Teams master set for a very reasonable price and it included P1. By the time I saw it, it was sold. Congratulations if its someone here.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I was lucky to find a fellow collector who was willing to give these up. A special thank you to him. They are the Gemstone Carl Barks promos. I was told that there were only 4 of each card printed. [IMG:right]

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'll have to see if my wife has any of these in her Disney collection.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I'll have to see if my wife has any of these in her Disney collection.

Oh, only 4 printed? That explains why she doesn't have them. LOL

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
No printer would make just 4 copies of something. They would run off 100 just to test if the colors looked ok.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
No printer would make just 4 copies of something. They would run off 100 just to test if the colors looked ok.

It was 5 sets, but wolfie's right, the rest were destroyed, to the best of my knowledge.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

It was 5 sets, but wolfie's right, the rest were destroyed, to the best of my knowledge.

Destroyed? Like the first Marvel Hanes cards?

posted Hide Post
John,

Do you have both versions of the Star Wars Finest Split promo? I have been looking for the regular one, not the refractor one. Just didn't want to pay top dollar for it.

David

quote:
http://s17.postimage.org/6te6v...evel_Promo.jpg[/IMG]
Star Wars Finest Split Level
[IMG]

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I was wondering which 2 albums for DC Cosmic Cards you mean? I have one that has Batman pictures on it. Is that the 2nd one you are referring to? Or something different?

Also, do you have scans of the 2 unnumbered cards from DC Cosmic Card set? I guess there is something I am learning about this old setSmile

quote:
Originally posted by Chrillips:
Rarest Promos I've gotten my hands are 2 of the 5 DC Cosmic Cards Unnumbered cards, one of the Blank-Backed Marvel Universe Series IV red foil cards, and just got my hands on a Venom Promo Hologram card for Marvel Universe Series III, except that it's an uncut one: 2 cards attached at the hip. It's not a card, but I also have BOTH binders made for DC Cosmic Cards.

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
John,

Do you have both versions of the Star Wars Finest Split promo? I have been looking for the regular one, not the refractor one. Just didn't want to pay top dollar for it.

David

quote:
http://s17.postimage.org/6te6v...evel_Promo.jpg[/IMG]
Star Wars Finest Split Level
[IMG]

David, I thought all there was for the standard size card was a refractor. I know the oversize promo has both.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John,

I still feel the refractor version is the best one of both the split image promo and the oversized promo that came with the set.

David

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was lucky to find a fellow collector who was willing to give these up. A special thank you to him. They are the Gemstone Carl Barks promos. I was told that there were only 4 of each card printed.

Beamer, thanks for sharing these Barks promos with us. Barks paintings & original art pieces for comic books are worth a fortune.

Nice that these rare cards will fit easily into a bank safe-deposit box cuz thats where I'd keep'em!!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
What about that Spider-Man Archives P3?

Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
For me it's been the 1994 Mars Attacks Homage cards produced by Non-Sport Update. Out of the 8 produced i've only been able to collect 6. The two that have been very elusive are the "Capital City Distribution" (1500) card and the "Chicago Comicon" (1000) Card. I wouldn't consider them rare ( # in ()'s are # produced) just hard to come by. I've only seen the Chicago one once in the past 5 years. I should have gotten it when I had the chance. I'm seriously considering buy the uncut sheet available in the NSU store and cutting out the ones I need.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
For me it's been the 1994 Mars Attacks Homage cards produced by Non-Sport Update. Out of the 8 produced i've only been able to collect 6. The two that have been very elusive are the "Capital City Distribution" (1500) card and the "Chicago Comicon" (1000) Card. I wouldn't consider them rare ( # in ()'s are # produced) just hard to come by. I've only seen the Chicago one once in the past 5 years. I should have gotten it when I had the chance. I'm seriously considering buy the uncut sheet available in the NSU store and cutting out the ones I need.

I sent you a email.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
My rarest are the 2 Lost Seasons 1-5 autograph promos that were done at the D23 Convention.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post