Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    What HTF promos have you collected?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What HTF promos have you collected?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
JS, these motion cards must be rare since I've never heard of them nor seen them listed in any price guides.

I couldn't find the overpower auctions that you referred to but will keep looking. Thumb Up

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I have all 10 of the America's Major Players Desert Storm promos. There are only 2 sets know to exist. The other is in Michigan.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
JS, these motion cards must be rare since I've never heard of them nor seen them listed in any price guides.

I couldn't find the overpower auctions that you referred to but will keep looking. Thumb Up

I think, type in "lost overpower promo" and it should come up. The Wolverine/Spider-Man is a larger than standard. I freaked out when I couldn't find it with the other motion cards from Marvel Motion series. I had it in a 4 pocket with other larger cards, lol. For the rare Amalgam motion, type "darkclaw card"

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Eureka! The Amalgam DarkClaw motion promo is awesome (but I luv most lenticular cards anyway)

Definitely getting a "rare promo" education on this thread from everyone thats spoken...

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
Val, I am so jealous of that NOES promo set... They are like impossible to find!!

and totally a fluke in finding them...definitely was a good gamble. Smile

I still keep my eyes open for weird NOES auctions too.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Val, you are the luckiest collector on Card Talk, finding those Nightmare on Elm St. promos. What I wouldn't give to take them off of you !

In terms of weird, obscure promos, how about the 2 that they did in the 1990s for that Nancy Kerrigan (the ice skater) set ? I have those !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
In terms of weird, obscure promos, how about the 2 that they did in the 1990s for that Nancy Kerrigan (the ice skater) set ? I have those !

Funny but thats the cards that got me back into modern non-sport card collecting. There was a guy at work that just loved Nancy & we would buy packs & trade singles. No inserts in that set whatsoever.

Those promos never seem to surface anywhere. Gonna check PCE to see if Todd mentions them?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The backs are blank, and PROTOTYPE is written across the backs, from what I recall

I haven't looked at the Kerrigan promos in years. They're in my 1990s album of promos

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I thought they canceled the Scavenger hunt.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Ace of Hearts: some of the Art Hustle artists had to leave SDCC early that year so the scavenger hunt was canceled after the first day or so.
Thats why the Art Hustle SDCC promo set is so hard-to-find... Wink

I have one set of them (not sure if its complete) and a few extra spares (available for trade)

Picture of Chrillips
posted Hide Post
Rarest Promos I've gotten my hands are 2 of the 5 DC Cosmic Cards Unnumbered cards, one of the Blank-Backed Marvel Universe Series IV red foil cards, and just got my hands on a Venom Promo Hologram card for Marvel Universe Series III, except that it's an uncut one: 2 cards attached at the hip. It's not a card, but I also have BOTH binders made for DC Cosmic Cards.

I've seen the Batman/Wolverine Motion card for the Amalgam Series. Many times now actually, Cheapest one I've seen listed was &100, but it skyrocketed. The crazy thing about that card is that it has a sister card: Superboy/Spiderman (Spider-Boy). Equally HTF and in price.

-eBay Seller ID: Randomcarrot
Want List in "Interests" in Profile.

Posts: 20 | Location: Sandy Eggo | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've seen the Batman/Wolverine Motion card for the Amalgam Series. Many times now actually, Cheapest one I've seen listed was &100, but it skyrocketed. The crazy thing about that card is that it has a sister card: Superboy/Spiderman (Spider-Boy). Equally HTF and in price.

I believe your thinking of the Chase cards here, not the promo.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chrillips
posted Hide Post
Whoops. Didn't know there was a promo version.
I know that there was a press packet that included a folder and press sheets (have them), but was unaware of the card.

-eBay Seller ID: Randomcarrot
Want List in "Interests" in Profile.

Posts: 20 | Location: Sandy Eggo | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Here's a few hard to find promos in my collection.

DC vs Marvel Mirage (nn)

Godzilla P1 Test Card

Star Wars Finest Split Level

Star Wars Galaxy Series 2 P3

Star Wars Vehicles P2 Refractor

Superman SW1

Hammer Horror Series 2 P2 Var.

Brian Lumley Collection nn

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That Hammer Horror promo is mine, what is it doing in your collection? Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Just keeping it safe for you for a few years. I'll have to check the lease to see when it's up. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just keeping it safe for you for a few years. I'll have to check the lease to see when it's up.

John, thats an impressive group of rare goodies! Never saw that Star Wars split-level promo before.

Lets hope your lease isn't up for many years Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I have three or more of those cards that were posted today. Guess I'm not doing two bad.

Started to worry about the mirage cards though. Glad that was cleared up.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ones I have been looking for forever, but have never seen in person:

Any U.S. Stamp Collector Cards promos, released by a company called Tower, in 1994; numbered USS1-USS8, I believe

The 3 oversized Mickey Mouse and Friends Fun Cards promos by SkyBox, 1996; there is a picture of the Donald Duck pirate promo in one of the older PCEs

Creators Master Series P0 and Ultraverse Master Series H1 both by SkyBox, 1995

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
The one I am still seeking and can't is the PNS1 from the "Lest we forget" set which was, I think, inserted in a Special Philly edition of NSU.
I never saw even one on Ebay.
If anyone has a spare, feel free to contact me.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post