Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    What HTF promos have you collected?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What HTF promos have you collected?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted
Interested to see what CTalk members have in their PC that they consider scarce, Hard To Find, or even rare? So many Inkworks promos have come "out of hiding" that once were scarce (and high-priced too!)

I have these at the top of my personal list:

Americana RingKings Gina Carano signed autograph promo card (from Comic Con)

Americana Dick Vitale promo card (numbered)

The Art Hustle Comic Con 2010 set of artist promos from the Scavenger Hunt

Crossed (AVATAR 2011) promos from Comic Con, Emerald City Con, & Chicago

And PLMK if you disagree that any of these are scarce. What do you have in your PC that is hard to find??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bill, it's funny that you should mention the Dick Vitale Americana promo. I've been searching for that one for years, and finally I picked one up on ebay today. It is P-DV and is numbered 2/25. I'd never seen one before !

The only Americana promos I have never seen are the Humphrey Bogart (supposedly all were sent directly to his family) and the "unreleased" Wayne Newton one, which was mistakenly given out at a NSCC show. I have seen a scan of it, however.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
David, thats a good find on the Vitale promo.

I have never seen the Bogart or Newton promos either, but would like to!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I don't quite agree with this one:

I do not have one only because I did not want to pay what it was selling for. There were a ton of them on Ebay after the con. Rarely see them anymore, but they must be out there.

The others are harder to find.

A few that might be added:

Pro Set Little Mermaid Pop-up promo (I know someone with a large supply of these though - not me)

Disney Classic collectible cell card #135. 13 are known to exist. Never released. At one time I had 8 - none left, Michael Beam had the other 5. I think he kept 1.

Munsters "Special" promo from Dart Flipcards - the 1/2 text back. There seems to be a lot more of the full text back's available.

There are many others, but I'm too tired to think of them! Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Mike, appreciate your observations. Theres no right or wrong here of course....
And I know theres plenty of rare promos out there that I don't have (or have never even seen.)
Only listed some that I do have.

Agree that the Munsters special promo variant (w/o text) is scarce HTF and I only have the one that you traded me.
I think that you were THE ONLY source for this variant.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bill, surprisingly I saw TWO Vitale promos on ebay over the past few days, one numbered 2/25 and one 14/25

And until yesterday, I'd never seen ANY on ebay or anywhere else !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In addition, I have seen on ebay a "mirror" version of the Vitale promo, P-DV, signed by him and numbered out of 5. The number is in silver.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
saw TWO Vitale promos on ebay over the past few days, one numbered 2/25 and one 14/25

Yea that IS unusual.
My P-DV is 03/25. Theres a dealer label on the toploader that says it was available from Donruss at the National show.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
Bill,

I don't quite agree with this one:

I do not have one only because I did not want to pay what it was selling for. There were a ton of them on Ebay after the con. Rarely see them anymore, but they must be out there.

Ah, but how about the Carano Comic Con promo, UNSIGNED?
I went by the Donruss booth every day that year and when I asked for a Carano promo after spying a small stack behind the counter, I was told they were only giving them out for the signing, which I couldn't attend.
But later, I found an unsigned one near the table where Gina and the others did the signing. I was greatly pleased to get one after all.

I wonder how many were made, and if they were indeed only intended for the signing? I know I couldn't get one despite several tries, and that's with the Donruss folks being very generous that year.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Very cool that you got an unsigned Carano RK promo. I agree they are tougher to get than her red ink autographed version.

Sometimes you get lucky...I struck up a conversation with Ms Carano after her signing session at Comic Con. Chatted about her Dad who was a Cowboys QB, etc. She handed me a few unsigned promos plus the autographed version. That was a good time!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
Interested to see what CTalk members have in their PC that they consider scarce, Hard To Find, or even rare? So many Inkworks promos have come "out of hiding" that once were scarce (and high-priced too!)

I have these at the top of my personal list:

Americana Dick Vitale promo card (numbered)

The Art Hustle Comic Con 2010 set of artist promos from the Scavenger Hunt

Crossed promos from Comic Con, Emerald City Con, & Chicago

And PLMK if you disagree that any of these are scarce. What do you have in your PC that is hard to find??

Crossed? Emerald City? Which cards?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Was referring to the gory Crossed comic book promo cards that Avatar handed out last yr on their convention tour. Theres another thread that discusses them more.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was referring to the gorey Crossed comic book promo cards that Avatar handed out last yr on their convention tour. Theres another thread that discusses them more.

I saw that a little while ago. Have no idea about an Emerald City ComiCon exclusive. I wonder what it looks like. I've gone to the last 9 ECCC shows, so I may have it in a pile somewhere, since it's probably something I'm not interested in.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
To answer your first question, the first card that comes to mind is the Wolverine/Batman Amalgam motion card. And I have some sort of Spider-Man card which I might have seen only once before, since getting mine from a dealer at WonderCon many years ago. It's like a header card for a box of singles or something. I also have all the Marvel Over-Power promos. I've heard some are extremely rare.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Since you mentioned Marvel OverPower, I did some checking... Geez that Beyonder card comes at a high price Eek

Can't find any listing on that Wolvie/Batty Amalgam card... Is that a promo or insert??

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since you mentioned Marvel OverPower, I did some checking... Geez that Beyonder card comes at a high price Eek

Can't find any listing on that Wolvie/Batty Amalgam card... Is that a promo or insert??

It's a promo. Extremely rare, so I've been told.

Did you see the 4 lost overpower promos for over $500? I know I have 2, if not all 4. I think my OP cards take up 3 or 4 albums, totally stuffed. It would take some time to double check.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I've just found the Amalgam promo on auction. Almost $500! The search reminded me that I have a Marvel Motion promo of Wolverine which is different from most, because it has Spider-Man on/in it.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
"A Nightmare on Elm Street" from Impel's 1991 set for me...these are the only rare promos I am sure I own at the moment.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Val, I am so jealous of that NOES promo set... They are like impossible to find!!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I was just going through my "motion" album. Some rare/unusual cards there. Which made me think about some of my other collectibles that are rare. X-Files prototype plaques and TV Guide. Unusual autograph pieces. I think I better get everything cataloged, appraised, and insured. I have such a wide spectrum of collectibles, I wouldn't know where to begin to find someone that could appraise it in one shot. Wish I could confirm that my X-Files ring was a crew gift from the writers.