What HTF promos have you collected?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/6897071916

July 11, 2012, 02:19 PM
Joe Henderson
What HTF promos have you collected?
[QUOTE]Originally posted by David R:
Ones I have been looking for forever, but have never seen in person:

Any U.S. Stamp Collector Cards promos, released by a company called Tower, in 1994; numbered USS1-USS8, I believe

David,
Send your e-mail address to
jhendrsn@coax.net
I have info regarding Tower Cards
(created by Ed Thauer) Knew him personally.
Regards,
Joe H.

July 11, 2012, 03:02 PM
David R
Joe H, I will send you an email in a few minutes. You can also contact me at

mistermycroft@msn.com
July 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
tangent
Not me, but someone managed to pick up the DC Cosmic Teams master set for a very reasonable price and it included P1. By the time I saw it, it was sold. Congratulations if its someone here.
July 14, 2012, 08:03 AM
beamer
I was lucky to find a fellow collector who was willing to give these up. A special thank you to him. They are the Gemstone Carl Barks promos. I was told that there were only 4 of each card printed. [IMG:right]
July 14, 2012, 08:05 AM
beamer

July 14, 2012, 08:07 AM
beamer

July 14, 2012, 12:20 PM
Tattoox
I'll have to see if my wife has any of these in her Disney collection.

July 14, 2012, 12:30 PM
Tattoox
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I'll have to see if my wife has any of these in her Disney collection.

Oh, only 4 printed? That explains why she doesn't have them. LOL

July 14, 2012, 12:52 PM
wolfie
No printer would make just 4 copies of something. They would run off 100 just to test if the colors looked ok.

July 14, 2012, 01:04 PM
John Oder
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
No printer would make just 4 copies of something. They would run off 100 just to test if the colors looked ok.

It was 5 sets, but wolfie's right, the rest were destroyed, to the best of my knowledge.
July 15, 2012, 08:39 AM
Tattoox
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

It was 5 sets, but wolfie's right, the rest were destroyed, to the best of my knowledge.

Destroyed? Like the first Marvel Hanes cards?

July 16, 2012, 09:26 PM
dpolis
John,

Do you have both versions of the Star Wars Finest Split promo? I have been looking for the regular one, not the refractor one. Just didn't want to pay top dollar for it.

David

quote:
http://s17.postimage.org/6te6v...evel_Promo.jpg[/IMG]
Star Wars Finest Split Level
[IMG]

July 16, 2012, 09:36 PM
dpolis
Hi,

I was wondering which 2 albums for DC Cosmic Cards you mean? I have one that has Batman pictures on it. Is that the 2nd one you are referring to? Or something different?

Also, do you have scans of the 2 unnumbered cards from DC Cosmic Card set? I guess there is something I am learning about this old setSmile

quote:
Originally posted by Chrillips:
Rarest Promos I've gotten my hands are 2 of the 5 DC Cosmic Cards Unnumbered cards, one of the Blank-Backed Marvel Universe Series IV red foil cards, and just got my hands on a Venom Promo Hologram card for Marvel Universe Series III, except that it's an uncut one: 2 cards attached at the hip. It's not a card, but I also have BOTH binders made for DC Cosmic Cards.

July 16, 2012, 10:33 PM
John Oder
quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
John,

Do you have both versions of the Star Wars Finest Split promo? I have been looking for the regular one, not the refractor one. Just didn't want to pay top dollar for it.

David

quote:
http://s17.postimage.org/6te6v...evel_Promo.jpg[/IMG]
Star Wars Finest Split Level
[IMG]

David, I thought all there was for the standard size card was a refractor. I know the oversize promo has both.
July 17, 2012, 05:39 PM
dpolis
John,

I still feel the refractor version is the best one of both the split image promo and the oversized promo that came with the set.

David

July 30, 2012, 01:04 AM
BILLZEE
quote:
I was lucky to find a fellow collector who was willing to give these up. A special thank you to him. They are the Gemstone Carl Barks promos. I was told that there were only 4 of each card printed.

Beamer, thanks for sharing these Barks promos with us. Barks paintings & original art pieces for comic books are worth a fortune.

Nice that these rare cards will fit easily into a bank safe-deposit box cuz thats where I'd keep'em!!
July 30, 2012, 01:13 AM
Tattoox
What about that Spider-Man Archives P3?

August 03, 2012, 10:53 AM
pendragon
For me it's been the 1994 Mars Attacks Homage cards produced by Non-Sport Update. Out of the 8 produced i've only been able to collect 6. The two that have been very elusive are the "Capital City Distribution" (1500) card and the "Chicago Comicon" (1000) Card. I wouldn't consider them rare ( # in ()'s are # produced) just hard to come by. I've only seen the Chicago one once in the past 5 years. I should have gotten it when I had the chance. I'm seriously considering buy the uncut sheet available in the NSU store and cutting out the ones I need.
August 03, 2012, 02:29 PM
John Oder
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
For me it's been the 1994 Mars Attacks Homage cards produced by Non-Sport Update. Out of the 8 produced i've only been able to collect 6. The two that have been very elusive are the "Capital City Distribution" (1500) card and the "Chicago Comicon" (1000) Card. I wouldn't consider them rare ( # in ()'s are # produced) just hard to come by. I've only seen the Chicago one once in the past 5 years. I should have gotten it when I had the chance. I'm seriously considering buy the uncut sheet available in the NSU store and cutting out the ones I need.

I sent you a email.
August 03, 2012, 04:11 PM
Jake
My rarest are the 2 Lost Seasons 1-5 autograph promos that were done at the D23 Convention.