Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everway promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Everway (1995, Wizards of the Coast) is a fantasy role-playing game with cards but isn't played with dice. It still has a bit of a following though it got some poor reviews when first released. The weird thing about the promos for the set is that they actually just promote the artwork and are not playable cards for the game like most other game promos are. They have artwork fronts with text on the backs crediting the artist and giving a brief description of the game and set breakdown. The art seems to have multiple influences from medieval Europe to Native American to Tolkien and it appears many collectors didn't play the game but wanted the cards for the art.

The promo set has been said to include 20 cards plus 4 unreleased chase cards. Here are P1, the P1 variant (almost never seen), P2, the P2 variant (also almost never seen), P3, P4, P5, P6, and P7.

Jess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Morning

In my collection of card images I found the following Everway card images. I don't know when or where I got them from. There is a third image which matches the image Jess put up.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Jess apologies if you intended to upload them.

regards

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John, I believe that you received those from me. Smile

The two bottom sheets depict promos P8 to P20 and chase cards S1/R1 of 4 to S1/R4 of 4.

Does anyone know if the 4 chase cards were actually inserted in the packs of the second Everway set or if they were unreleased ? I have heard conflicting reports on that.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David

Many thanks for letting me know, I had a feeling that you were the supplier and I apologise for not saying so right from the start.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No need to apologize. Smile

I wonder where the P1 and P2 variants were available. Anyone know ? Were they inserted in the magazines, as well ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

Yes, David sent me three big files (20MB or larger). No problem. I experimented with smaller sizes and posted the first one here last night. It looks a little small so I'm thinking of resizing it to be closer to yours when magnified. I was going to do the other two but now I don't have too.

Thanks,

Jess

Edit: I just replaced the image of P1-P7 with a somewhat larger one to provide a better look at the art.

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Good Morning

In my collection of card images I found the following Everway card images. I don't know when or where I got them from. There is a third image which matches the image Jess put up.

Jess apologies if you intended to upload them.

regards

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I've tried to find out the sources of the all the promos. While I was sending Todd info about CCG promos 15-20 years ago, I learned the sources of a few of the Everways as listed now in the PCE additions/corrections thread. I might have a line on the source of two more but they aren't those chase cards. I have seen collectors talk about the metallic cards but not that 4-card set.

I have seen two different Everway brochures/sell sheets for sale with a mention that no cards were included so it sounds like there were promos (or perhaps just samples of the regular cards) mailed with them to dealers.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
No need to apologize. Smile

I wonder where the P1 and P2 variants were available. Anyone know ? Were they inserted in the magazines, as well ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeff Allender lists 4 chase cards in the 2nd Everway set (Spherewalker)

Chase Cards

S1/R1 of 4 The Basahn God Janine Johnston
S1/R2 of 4 The Fall of the First City Ian Miller
S1/R3 of 4 The Dragon Heart Alan Rabinowitz
S1/R4 of 4 The Inhuman and the Undead Scott Kirschner

Not sure if what I have in the scan are the same cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

Do they have foil lettering or some other effect? There's a thread in which people talked about FPG sets and binders. Maybe someone will drop in with some knowledge or maybe we just need to see if there's a close-up on the box or a pack that says something about the 4-card chase set.

Jess

quote:

Chase Cards

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Somewhere there was a rumor that there were 26 promos planned. Maybe that was the numbered 20 plus the four chase and two variants?

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I always considered this a Fantasy Art set and not a CCG set; they were packaged as a "Companion" to the game. The cards and most of the promos were called "Vision" cards; I don't know if they were also included in game-card packs. The gaming cards showed titles like the variant P1-P2, plus game attributes.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess, I am pretty sure the the 4 chase cards in the scan do not have any foil or enhancements on them.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hi David,

Do they have foil lettering or some other effect? There's a thread in which people talked about FPG sets and binders. Maybe someone will drop in with some knowledge or maybe we just need to see if there's a close-up on the box or a pack that says something about the 4-card chase set.

Jess

quote:

Chase Cards