Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Starbucks Pick of the Week digital download cards
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starbucks Pick of the Week digital download cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Starting Tuesday, the card will be Ben Harper and Relentless 7.

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
An interesting note to these download cards seems to have been revealed. From the start, each store has gotten 2 bundles of 75 cards each week. As of last week, the Dave Matthews Band card, the quantity has been cut to 1 bundle of 75 cards per store. So, depending on how long this goes, the latter cards could end up being the hardest to get. I mean, lots of stores are throwing away leftover cards once the new card comes out. So, if you are collecting these, you best stay on the ball or maybe miss out.

I am working on (X# of sets)....even now, I may have to adjust what I am doing to compensate for the decrease in quantities. Which in return, will probably free up some of the early cards. Who knows.....I don't have a clue. Like I have stated before, I'll be happy when the promotion is over. This weeks card brings the set up to 65 cards....with no end in sight.

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil: Yes, there was a Melody Gardot card..... I can send it to you if you want to send me an SASE? I also can send you the Tragically Hip one as well.

Cecil: Thank you very much for the offer, but I am okay now. I found a Starbucks in Boise last Saturday that stockpiles old cards (everyone else has been throwing them away with each new card release). So I was able to pick up the Melody and TH cards, as well as several others I had never seen before. Thanks again, though!......r/Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil: Yes, there was a Melody Gardot card..... I can send it to you if you want to send me an SASE? I also can send you the Tragically Hip one as well.

Cecil: Thank you very much for the offer, but I am okay now. I found a Starbucks in Boise last Saturday that stockpiles old cards (everyone else has been throwing them away with each new card release). So I was able to pick up the Melody and TH cards, as well as several others I had never seen before. Thanks again, though!......r/Geoff

cool- no problem.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Mishka is this weeks card.

And yes, the supplies are wearing thin! 75 cards per store!!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:

It is getting rather noticeable. I went to my local Starbucks this afternoon, and they said that they had been out of the Ben Harper ones for most of the week. Kind of a bummer, because that one one of my favorite things about Starbucks...

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:

It is getting rather noticeable. I went to my local Starbucks this afternoon, and they said that they had been out of the Ben Harper ones for most of the week. Kind of a bummer, because that one one of my favorite things about Starbucks...

Hell, I didn't drink coffee until this promotion started. I prefer not to just walk in, ask for the cards then walk out. It also pays to build a "friendship" with someone there...special priviledges and all. LOL!

And I still hope that the promotion ends soon....definitely running out of room!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
All this talk about the reduced number of cards being delivered to the Starbucks stores is very interesting because it is NOT true for the stores out here in Utah. In my successful attempt to track down last week’s card at three different stores, one manager let me look at the box he receives the cards in. The box – very small – contained 10 bundles of cards. The box contained 5 weeks of cards, with two bundles for each week (75 each bundle), and included the two bundles of cards he cannot put on display until next Tuesday (July 28th – I can’t remember the artist)……. The box contained the cards for Mishka, Ben Harper, Dave Matthews, next week’s card, and Zee Avi.

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
All this talk about the reduced number of cards being delivered to the Starbucks stores is very interesting because it is NOT true for the stores out here in Utah. In my successful attempt to track down last week’s card at three different stores, one manager let me look at the box he receives the cards in. The box – very small – contained 10 bundles of cards. The box contained 5 weeks of cards, with two bundles for each week (75 each bundle), and included the two bundles of cards he cannot put on display until next Tuesday (July 28th – I can’t remember the artist)……. The box contained the cards for Mishka, Ben Harper, Dave Matthews, next week’s card, and Zee Avi.

I wonder if it is the stores option to cut back to 1 bundle per week? As all of the stores that I frequent here in Indianapolis are only getting the 1 bundle of 75 cards.

The plot thickens!! By the way, next weeks card is: Angus and Julia Stone.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil: The plot thickens!! By the way, next weeks card is: Angus and Julia Stone.

Yup....that was the card I saw wrapped in cellophane on Saturday....

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
well......I just saw the next Starbucks card shipment. It looks like we have another 8 weeks ahead. The bundles look smaller, not like in the past. These bundles looked like 50 or 60 cards each.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
This weeks card is Anjulie.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This has to be the largest promo series in the history of trading cards!

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
This has to be the largest promo series in the history of trading cards!

yeah, it's wearing me out...up to 69 cards already. Like I stated before, I have seen 7 more coming up.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Yusuf, The Artist Known As Cat Stevens is this weeks card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cecil,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Junior Boys is this weeks card.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Patrick Watson is this weeks card.

Picture of mattkickbox
posted Hide Post
How does Starbucks feel about people just taking these and not buying anything. I got a Metric one once when I went in to ask directions, but I never go to starbucks and I feel like they are for people who buy coffee.

Posts: 100 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Not sure as I always buy something.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
This weeks card is Laurent Korcia.