Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Starbucks Pick of the Week digital download cards
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starbucks Pick of the Week digital download cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted
Is anyone here collecting these cards from Starbucks? This is the 2nd set released as far as I know. The set from last year was called "Song Of The Day", a 37 card set. I don't know how many cards are included in the current set. I know that at least 7 cards have already been given away. If anyone is collecting these, please post here and lets help each other out.

Thanks in advance-
Cecil

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cecil,

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I contacted Starbucks Corporate Headquarters and found out that the PICK OF THE WEEK promotion is ongoing and has no end date as of yet. So, this set could be huge! We are up to 9 cards now with a new card coming out every Tuesday according to the Customer Service Rep.

I like this set as I did the Song of the Day promotion from 2007. I would like to see more "known" musicians to get people interested in the set however.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
I like this set as I did the Song of the Day promotion from 2007. I would like to see more "known" musicians to get people interested in the set however.

Cecil:

These look nice. Being a fairly major music fan myself, it's something I would be interested in.

As for "known" musicians -- If you read reviews in some of the major magazines that do CD reviews (Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly), you'll see those musicians above fairly often. For example Duffy is someone all the reviewers are currently going ga-ga over. You know how these reviewers get -- once a couple of 'em latch on to something, they all seem to. Anyway, I don't think you are going to see someone like U2, Green Day, or Kanye West on one of these as to me, it looks like they are trying to promote new acts. And hey, one day, these people might end up being the next U2 or Kanye.

By the way, Jakob Dylan is Bob's son so he's pretty known.

Wow, I just went on a bit of a tirade, didn't I? Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Warning - Don't stand between Harris and his music!! Big Grin Especially the 80's. Man, I hated the 80's. Worse decade ever for music and just about anything else, for that matter. Cripes, now I'm on a tirade! Back to the subject, these look like fun cards, I'll have to stop at the local Starbucks and see if I can score some!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
This week's 'pick of the week' is by SIA "Day Too Soon". Sorry, I don't have a scan of the card.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gofmauleg:
This week's 'pick of the week' is by SIA "Day Too Soon". Sorry, I don't have a scan of the card.

SIA was last weeks "Pick Of The Week", this week is PRISCILLA AHN...just came out yesterday.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Harris- thanks for the "tirade"!! At least someone is commenting on one of my threads! Dance

This set does have a few "names" so far- Carly Simon, The Counting Crows and Jakob Dylan. As far as the rest (so far) go, I am sure they are all great in their own fields. Now, on the topic of "known" stars in this set- last years "SONG OF THE DAY" set had: Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds, Keith Urban and more. So, I was just hoping for some like those to catch peoples interest.

Thanks for the input and I have dupes to trade of all but 1 of the first 9 releases.

Cecil

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Paul who?

Big Grin

OK, thanks Cecil. Guess that one made sense since Sir Paul's last CD came out on Starbucks own label.

Oh, and Batman, I'll take my 80s music any day over your Jonas Brothers.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Touch'e, Harris!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Paul who?

Big Grin

OK, thanks Cecil. Guess that one made sense since Sir Paul's last CD came out on Starbucks own label.

Ouch! Zing! Harris, I didn't know you had it in you! You've always been such a nice guy Big Grin Razz

Funny story, my niece called me all excited one day telling me she had tickets to see the Jonas Brothers. I, for the life of me, could NOT understand what she was saying, and was convinced she said 'JOAN HAS FEATHERS'. I wondered why my sister was going to take her to a drag revue like La Cage Aux Folles.

But back to the topic at hand, those are nice. I guess I'll have to go to starbucks now.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Ouch! Zing! Harris, I didn't know you had it in you! You've always been such a nice guy Big Grin Razz

Big Grin Big Grin

Now I'm waiting for the headless fool to come by and either help me pound Batman into the ground some more or come to his defense.

By the way, sorry to hijack your thread Cecil. I really like do like the look of these too and would like to pick some up.

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Worse decade ever for music and just about anything else, for that matter

I can't speak for the 'just about anything else' part of that sentence, but I have to disagree with the musical aspect of the sentiment. Some pretty good stuff came out in the Eighties (I know - I bought most of it to play on my new CD player!)

Mind you, there was a lot of dross also released at the time - I dimly recall some Goth friendly electronica band from Essex muttering about sick senses of humour... Big Grin Metal

Oh, and I'm not sure how well the Starbuck label did for the bigger name artists - the Paul Macartney album was subsequently offered as a 'freebie' in a national newspaper here - which is how I got it!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Well, at least my post got a couple people interested in the cards. I do think that both of the Starbuck sets are being overlooked but hopefully that will change with this current set.

Cecil

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
quote:
Originally posted by gofmauleg:

SIA was last weeks "Pick Of The Week", this week is PRISCILLA AHN...just came out yesterday.

Oh, I guess then I didn't miss out on that one. Big Grin I got the Priscilla Ahn card today.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Cecil, I forgot to say that the cards look great - it's a pity the Starbucks here in the UK don't appear to offer them!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
This weeks card ( in Indy at least) is Sergio Mendez.

posted Hide Post
I have picked up a couple of extra Priscella Ahn's while traveling.

Willing to send out the extras with your SASE - just email me.

I've been to a few recently and found different the SIA, Jakob Dylan and Ahn's, so if you're looking you may find some of the older ones at Starbucks that are not very dilligent about updating their offerings.

Posts: 119 | Location: Cardinal Nation | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
The latest release that I found today was PACIFICA. I only found it at 1 store that I checked. The other 3 had last weeks still out and didn't seem to know anything about the new card. This store also had many of the early cards with the exception of Carly Simon. I agree, most stores have a carefree attitude about the "new release every Tuesday" promotion. Oh well....it is what it is!! I still hunt them down. Thumb Up

Cecil

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcracch:
I have picked up a couple of extra Priscella Ahn's while traveling.

Willing to send out the extras with your SASE - just email me.

I've been to a few recently and found different the SIA, Jakob Dylan and Ahn's, so if you're looking you may find some of the older ones at Starbucks that are not very dilligent about updating their offerings.

I actually went into a store today and asked about this weeks card. They went to the back and got them, and pulled all of the Pricilla Ahn cards off the rack. I asked what they were going to do with them...."Throw them away" she said. Eek So, with that said....I have about 100 extra cards and will GLADLY send some out for an SASE as well.

Cecil