Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Starbucks Pick of the Week digital download cards
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starbucks Pick of the Week digital download cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
113: Badly Drawn Boy- June 8-14, 2010
114: Jack Johnson- June 15-21, 2010

guess I never got out of vacation mode. I am definitely losing my motivation for keeping on top of this....Oh well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cecil,

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
115: Sarah McLachlan- June 22-27, 2010

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil: I am definitely losing my motivation for keeping on top of this....Oh well.

Cecil,

I can relate to your exhaustion. No matter WHAT the project, job, or chore is…..it’s hard to stay motivated when it seems like the task at hand is non-stop. I say this: if you are DONE with this, I don’t think there is ANYONE here who would slight you for it or be hostile. The great thing about this message board is how accommodating and grateful most people here are, and I’m no exception. I think you have been great by doing these weekly updates, and I tip my hat to you……..but frankly we would be fine if you stopped because we all know where to get these now.

And, brother, here’s the good news…… I did a quickie search online and discovered your ticket to freedom: there is another dude unrelated to our hobby (at least I’m assuming he’s unrelated – I may be wrong) making the EXACT SAME list as you!!! So, why don’t you take a break from this and let this other guy help out for a while?? The link to his list is here: http://www.mark-heringer.com/2...ck-of-week-list.html

And get this….his list goes back to Nov 2007 WITH pictures of the cards, so I don’t think he’s gonna stop updating it anytime soon…..!!!!

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Great post Geoff. And that's a good find. I too agree with what you said.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil: I am definitely losing my motivation for keeping on top of this....Oh well.

Cecil,

I can relate to your exhaustion. No matter WHAT the project, job, or chore is…..it’s hard to stay motivated when it seems like the task at hand is non-stop. I say this: if you are DONE with this, I don’t think there is ANYONE here who would slight you for it or be hostile. The great thing about this message board is how accommodating and grateful most people here are, and I’m no exception. I think you have been great by doing these weekly updates, and I tip my hat to you……..but frankly we would be fine if you stopped because we all know where to get these now.

And, brother, here’s the good news…… I did a quickie search online and discovered your ticket to freedom: there is another dude unrelated to our hobby (at least I’m assuming he’s unrelated – I may be wrong) making the EXACT SAME list as you!!! So, why don’t you take a break from this and let this other guy help out for a while?? The link to his list is here: http://www.mark-heringer.com/2...ck-of-week-list.html

And get this….his list goes back to Nov 2007 WITH pictures of the cards, so I don’t think he’s gonna stop updating it anytime soon…..!!!!

Geoff

Thanks.

Good luck to everyone collecting these.

Over and out!! ;-)
Cecil

Picture of UofLHoops
posted Hide Post
Hey Everyone....just in case anyone was wondering....here are the cards for each week since the posts ended last year:

Leela James
Josh Rouse
The High Wire
The National
Gurrumul
Broken Social Scene
Jonsi
Eddie Vedder
Delta Spirit
Villagers
Los Lobos
Philip Selway
Zac Brown Band
Robert Plant
Mavis Staples
Arcade Fire
Kings of Leon
Junip
Dierks Bentley
Aloe Blacc
Elton John & Leon Russell
The Head and the Heart
Pink Martini
Annie Lennox
Josh Groban
Charlie Brown
Glasser
Generationals
S. Carey
Gregg Allman
Amos Lee
Iron & Wine
Jesse Thomas
Lia Ices
Wye Oak
The Belle Brigade
REM
Adele
Ben Harper
Say Hi
Lanu
Paul Simon
k.d.lang and the siss boom bang
Diego Garcia
Beady Eye
Alexander
Chris Bathgate
Playing for Change
Eddie Vedder
The Cars
My Morning Jacket
The Boxer Rebellion
Bon Iver
City and Colour
Gillian Welch
Motopony
Madeleine Peyroux
Holcombe Waller
Daniel Isaiah
Little Dragon
Shazam Encore
Spy Mouse
Hugh Laurie
The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
Lady Antebellum
Momento
Feist
The Monster at the End of this Book
M83
Stuart Duncan, Chris Thile, Edgar Meyer, and Yo Yo Ma
How to Cook Everything
ESPN Films 30 for 30
Michael Buble
MadPad
The Barr Brothers
She & Him

I'll check back from time to time to add some to this list as I'm still going strong with collecting these. This has become quite the collection of music cards. If anyone is interested in joining me with this quest, I have extras from each week going back to November 2008.

Happy Collecting!

Posts: 401 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: October 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
So do we consider the card's header color change a separate series? I am running out of room....I would have never thought this set would continue as long as it has. It's like the relative that you love but wish they would move out of your home!! LOL!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The ones I am looking for are when they first started them. At the time they were doing pick of the day which was crazy. A lot of the stores couldn't keep up with that. I think the first one was Paul McCartney right? That's the one card I know I need. I have a large box filled with these Starbucks cards. I'm not really into the recent app cards as the subjects just don't interest me. If anyone has an extra McCartney I can send you my list of other stuff for trade. I already have the Paul plastic gift card they came out with around the same time. Anyone collect those plastic download album cards? There are certain artists I am looking for-mostly girl singers. I know many of them are larger than the standard cards so they may be of little interest to people on this forum.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The ones I am looking for are when they first started them. At the time they were doing pick of the day which was crazy. A lot

I think that series was called Song of the Day, and I believe it lasted 37 days during October - November 2007. I don't have a single one of those cards and have wondered how to ever get hold of any of them. I missed them 'cause I was a belated starter to Starbucks collecting. With this Pick of the Week series which has gone on for over 3-1/2 years, I think I have a complete set of them including the 10 Song Summer Mix card from last summer, and the The Hotel Café Tour card.

I also have some of the white cards that, to my best guess, were issued late 2009 and early 2010. These were plain white cards identifying that week's artist and one was at top of each wrapped deck of Pick of the Week cards. Usually you didn't see these cards cause the barristas tossed them after opening the pack, but I was lucky enough to get about a dozen different ones before these were discontinued.

Posts: 10 | Location: Philadelphia | Registered: December 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do have some of these so if you have a list of stuff for trade send it on. I think I have the entire run of the weekly cards with duplicates of most.

quote:
Originally posted by ernie11:
quote:
The ones I am looking for are when they first started them. At the time they were doing pick of the day which was crazy. A lot

I think that series was called Song of the Day, and I believe it lasted 37 days during October - November 2007. I don't have a single one of those cards and have wondered how to ever get hold of any of them. I missed them 'cause I was a belated starter to Starbucks collecting. With this Pick of the Week series which has gone on for over 3-1/2 years, I think I have a complete set of them including the 10 Song Summer Mix card from last summer, and the The Hotel Café Tour card.

I also have some of the white cards that, to my best guess, were issued late 2009 and early 2010. These were plain white cards identifying that week's artist and one was at top of each wrapped deck of Pick of the Week cards. Usually you didn't see these cards cause the barristas tossed them after opening the pack, but I was lucky enough to get about a dozen different ones before these were discontinued.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I have been working on these for the last couple of years. I seem to miss a few each year. Now I am confused as I occasionally pick up an App of the Week or Book of the Week instead of Music. These seem to come out on different days than the normal Tuesdays. Now they have Digital Downloads if you log in at a Starbucks.

I can see the cards ending soon to cut printing costs.

Starbucks here in Georgia have announced a price increase in their drinks!

I started collecting at One Eskimo so I am missing everything that expired before December 2009.

Since I started collecting I am missing
David Gray - Fugitive Expires 12-11-2009
Diane Birch - Rise Up Expires 1-15-2010
Holly Miranda - Waves Expires 12-27-2010
Spy Mouse [app]
The Monster at the End of This Book [app]
Stuart Duncan, Chris Thile, Edgar Meyer & Yo-Yo Ma - Attaboy
MadPad [app]
Scrabble [app]

The Starbucks at my Local Target seems to be hit or miss as to when they put cards out. they have had Carol King for 2 weeks now!

Thanks to a recent trade I am only missing 2007 and 2008 cards now!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EriktheArchitect,

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if this series is going thru yet another formatting change. The first card issued in 2012 (The Black Keys) has a pure white background instead of the silver background.

Posts: 10 | Location: Philadelphia | Registered: December 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they are killing me....lol!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
My local Target Starbucks is hit and miss on when they put the cards out. They don't seem to follow any pattern!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Well, when this series (Song of the Week) started, I thought I was gonna jump in and make a bunch of sets of the 37 or so cards like the (Pick of the Day) sets.....Boy have I been taken for a ride. I probably have at least 100 of each card since it's inception and up to several hundred of many of the 2nd year cards. Some of the cards I have massive amounts.....yes, I become obsessive and compulsive at times in my collecting habits. I truly wish Starbucks would just throw in the towel and let this promotion go as I really am running out of room and my Wife is spending way to much money on the "foo foo" drinks. I myself only give them the satisfaction of taking me for a regular cup of coffee...lol. Oh well, I have spent a lot more for much less. When this promotion does end (hopefully soon!!) I will have a bunch of single cards to trade. I just don't have the time to sort through all the boxes and organize it all for now. Patience is a virtue..I hear. ;-)

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this is of any interest to anybody, but I was in my local Starbucks this afternoon and they had some 'Pick of the Week' cards for the UK iTunes iBookstore - "The Eye of The Tiger" by Wilbur Smith.
I picked up a few of the cards - if anyone is interested, please let me know off board (my email address is in my profile, but you'll have to remove the fairly obvious spam trap!)
Au Res.,
Paul

p.s. I also have a few cards (not Starbucks) that I picked up at The Smithsonian in Washington last October - no codes and they expired last December, but they detail how to download free episodes from the Smithsonian Channel on iTunes and the cards are exactly the same size as the Starbocks cards. I found them in the Smithsonian Castle (at the information desk) and it's possible there might be a 2012 version?

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This week marks 4 years that this series has been around. It's not as much fun now that they've gone over to having Apps for many of their cards instead of music.

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
This week, in UK Starbucks, the Pick of the Week card is offering an episode of Doctor Who...
Series 6 Episode 13 "The Wedding of River Song" downloadable from the UK iTunes store.

I have a few spare cards if anyone is interested!
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul,

I would love one please. What can I trade you for one?

Thanks.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I've sent you a message on FB Mike!
Au Res.,
Paul