Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Starbucks Pick of the Week digital download cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starbucks Pick of the Week digital download cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
this weeks card is James Hunter. Again, I had to just about pry the cards out from behind the counter as no stores are keeping up with the "new card every Tuesday" promotion. Oh well.

I did see the next card in the box that the store pulled out and the "barista" said that next weeks was the last card since they didn't have any more. That would bring the set total to 12 cards- 25 less than last years set. So we'll see- hopefully she knows less about the promotion than she does for making coffee. Smile

Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
This weeks card, #13, is Tristan Prettyman. Keep 'em coming!!

Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
OK....a question for the "couple" people collecting these. Is anyone collecting the "header" cards, the black and white blank backed cards that are shrink wrapped to the stack of cards? The cards are from the printer, stating the card name and date of distribution. I am grabbing all of them that I run across (.....now you can see why I have so much "obscure" stuff, Mike!) Wave

Cecil

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
This weeks card is Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis.

Cecil

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They kept them at the counters on the last promotion but this time I have to ask for them. Some stores hide them under the counter. I did find a couple stores that put them up on the same racks that they sell the download cards you have to buy on. By the way does anyone collect these cards? I really like them but I don't want to shell out the price of an album to get a card. SOME OF THE ONES AT FYE AND OTHER CD STORES ARE REALLY NICE.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
They kept them at the counters on the last promotion but this time I have to ask for them. Some stores hide them under the counter. I did find a couple stores that put them up on the same racks that they sell the download cards you have to buy on. By the way does anyone collect these cards? I really like them but I don't want to shell out the price of an album to get a card. SOME OF THE ONES AT FYE AND OTHER CD STORES ARE REALLY NICE.

don't fret....I am collecting and will have trade available when the promotion is done.

Cecil

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
This weeks card is Sonya Kitchell.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
this weeks card is My Morning Jacket.

Picture of mattkickbox
posted Hide Post
Wow, these actually sound pretty cool. If I went in or wrote them do you think they'd have the past 7 or do they normally run out?

Posts: 100 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I am not sure what Starbucks could or would do. I know that I will have plenty of trade material once the promotion is done. I am actually working on sets to trade.

Cecil

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
this weeks card is Chris Bathgate

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
this weeks card is Ersi Arvizu.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
this weeks card is Jessie Baylin.

You know, it seems to be getting more and more difficult getting these cards with all of the Starbucks stores closing down. Even the ones open could care less if they go to the back room and get the cards. I at least did get a "thanks for reminding us" yesterday. Too funny!

Cecil

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
This weeks card is Johnny Flynn.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
this weeks card is Orchestra Baobab.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
This weeks card is Raphael Saadiq.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
This weeks card is Thievery Corporation.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
This weeks card is Noah And The Whale.

And I know the promotion is going at least 4 more weeks. I saw the cards at my local Starbucks. Actually, I was given the "header card" as well as 1 each of the next 4 releases. Little do they know that ONE is NEVER ENOUGH!!!! Dance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cecil,

posted Hide Post
Cecil,
I was at Starbucks tonight and picked up 2 header cards. The one was for Noah and the Whale (Sep 30-Oct 6), the other was for Whitley (Oct 7-13). If you're interested, drop me a note.

Also, they had 2 others that I did not see on the list:
Amy MacDonald
the Hotel cafe tour 2008 - 4 artists to download

JC

Posts: 119 | Location: Cardinal Nation | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Hey Gang,

I just got home from my honeymoon in Mexico. I did actually run across Starbucks at the Cancun Airport and in Playa del Carmen- no cards.

I had been listing them as they were released as to not confuse anyone. Obviously I missed the Whitley card since I was in Mexico, thanks for mentioning it JC! Below is what was given to me before I left, listed in the order of their release:

Amy McDonald, Cory Chisel, John Legend.

Not sure what is coming out after that, or if it will continue. I definitely haven't seen the Hotel Cafe Tour card yet.

As far as the header cards go, thanks for the offer but I have several of many on the list. The later ones being the easiest to come across.

Anyway, good to be back home. Talk soon!!

Cecil