Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    U.S. Customs Drug Dog cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Customs Drug Dog cards
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ace,
Still looking for a 1999 “Bo” card. I don't know if he had a card in 2001.

Bob

Posts: 8 | Location: virginia | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I have not dug out my large collection of US Customs cards out of storage to see if I have this card because my wife and I are trying to buy a house (might close on Sept. 9th). Anyways, I might have this card or I might not, but I won’t know for a long time……

In the meantime, did you ever find your card on your own? If not, I found something online that might help. I went to the US Customs and Border Protection site. There, they have several pages dedicated to their Canines and Detector Dogs programs. I went to the page for Canine Programs and found many more links, but more importantly, an email address: OFO-CANINE@CBP.DHS.GOV. Maybe if you write them you can find this card from someone who might have access to a stash lying around at a Border patrol office. Finding hidden “stashes” has happened to me many times before (once found 80 free “The Incredibles” cards from a defunct Capri-Sun promotion in Dubai – they were mailed to me), so this might help you get lucky. I wish you luck and I hope this helps. There are some more links below, just fyi......

Geoff

Detector Dogs Program

Detector Dog Gallery

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
I have not dug out my large collection of US Customs cards out of storage to see if I have this card because my wife and I are trying to buy a house (might close on Sept. 9th). Anyways, I might have this card or I might not, but I won’t know for a long time……

In the meantime, did you ever find your card on your own? If not, I found something online that might help. I went to the US Customs and Border Protection site. There, they have several pages dedicated to their Canines and Detector Dogs programs. I went to the page for Canine Programs and found many more links, but more importantly, an email address: OFO-CANINE@CBP.DHS.GOV. Maybe if you write them you can find this card from someone who might have access to a stash lying around at a Border patrol office. Finding hidden “stashes” has happened to me many times before (once found 80 free “The Incredibles” cards from a defunct Capri-Sun promotion in Dubai – they were mailed to me), so this might help you get lucky. I wish you luck and I hope this helps. There are some more links below, just fyi......

Geoff

Detector Dogs Program

Detector Dog Gallery

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We have stayed in touch with Bo's last handler, she lost any cards that she had in multiple moves. I'll asked her if they keep any previous series. I've found complete sets of other years, but no "Bo" 1999 card yet. I'm sure one will turn up eventually. Good luck with your house. I'm still interested if you do find an extra card. Thanks for the ideas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob P.,

Posts: 8 | Location: virginia | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have the 1999 series US Customs checklist if anyone needs it. My mistake there are 100 cards.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob P.:
I have the 1999 series US Customs checklist if anyone needs it. My mistake there are 100 cards.

I need one of the checklist cards if you still have an extra. If you do, I'll PM my address.

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob P.: I'm still interested if you do find an extra card.

I think I found Bo, assuming you haven't found the card yourself......

Here is an image I just found for you.....

Is this Bo? If so, I have already emailed you a bigger image of this. I hope this is what you were looking for....

Geoff

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That is Bo. I found several full sets of 1999 series cards on Ebay. There is actually a set listed now. Sorry I didn't get your email and it took so long to reply. I changed my email address and just updated it here. Thanks for looking.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob P.,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was going to start a new thread about these cards but thought it might be a better idea to discuss/show as many different years of the cards in one thread. I have read that there was a set of 81 cards (white borders with blue stars and red ribbon on the front) in 1991 (9-card packs) though the date was not given on the cards and also another set that year that did have the date on the cards.

In 1992 the United States Customs Service found a corporate sponsor, Nabisco, for the next set. Nabisco inserted one card per box of Milk-Bone dog biscuits as part of a 24-card set (blue borders, white stars, light blue ribbon with yellow burst that says "All Star DRUG DETECTING DOGS" on the front).

I haven't seen cards from a 1993 set but heard that there was one.

In 1994 the packs contained 3 random cards from the 81 card set and one sticker (same sticker in every pack). The cards have blue borders, white stars, and a pink/orange ribbon on the front. The sticker is white with a red, white, and blue shield with 3 dogs and "1970" within the shield. U.S. Customs began the Canine Enforcement program in 1970.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The ribbon came out more of a flatter bubblegum pink in the scan but it's more of a brighter, almost-red color that might be considered salmon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In 1996 the packs had 4 random cards from the set and one sticker (same sticker in every pack). I don't know the set total but will try to find out. There was an old article in The Wrapper about the cards in general and I might have that somewhere. The 1996 cards have a red border, white stars, and a silver ribbon on the front.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In 1997 the packs had 4 random cards from the 100 card set and one sticker (same sticker in every pack) with the same design as the 1996 sticker. The cards have a blue border, bronze stars, and a bronze ribbon.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

Here is a White Border Blue Star card from the 1991 Series

front
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/xN5cD23T/Blow-US-Customs-Drug-Dog-Front.jpg"> [/IMG]

back
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/1np8B6gF/Blow-Customs-Dog-1991-Back.jpg"> [/IMG]

It is the only card I have of the entire series.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
Hi card talk members, I'm wondering if anyone have a check list for the U.S. customs Drug dog trading cards? The white card and the blue card. Thanks,

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You can check Allender's site for partial-complete lists of some of the sets and hunt around on the web. You will find mentions of the cards in some detail and get a consensus on set totals but Allender seems to be the only one putting together lists.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Artist:
Hi card talk members, I'm wondering if anyone have a check list for the U.S. customs Drug dog trading cards? The white card and the blue card. Thanks,

Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jess

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post