Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    U.S. Customs Drug Dog cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Customs Drug Dog cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted
Does anyone here have any of the cards given away by Customs to promote their efforts? I am looking for info on the 1999 Blue set. I know that the set is 100 cards and I have 99 different with tons of singles to trade. Problem is, I can't find out what the missing card is as there is no checklist card. Does anyone have any info at all??

thanks-
Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Who's the manufacturer ?
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Not sure who printed the cards. But I would suspect that since it is a government agency, it was government printed. They came sealed in clear cello packs with about 7 cards per pack. Also in the pack was a sticker, the same in every pack- the U.S. Customs logo.

Cecil

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Cecil,

I have 36 of these plus the customs sticker card, but that is it. I did not realize there are 100 of them.

I will send you an email with the list of the dogs that I have. If the one that you need is in there, it is yours!

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
Cecil,

I have 36 of these plus the customs sticker card, but that is it. I did not realize there are 100 of them.

I will send you an email with the list of the dogs that I have. If the one that you need is in there, it is yours!

Mike.

email responded to, thanks for your offer of help. Maybe someday I'll at least find a checklist so I'll know what I am looking for.

Cecil

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Maybe the card you are missing 'is' the checklist. I have a few of these.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I didn't have a clue that there was a checklist for the 1999 Blue set. I could definitely use one if you can spare it. I have singles to trade if you need any.

Cecil

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
I didn't have a clue that there was a checklist for the 1999 Blue set. I could definitely use one if you can spare it. I have singles to trade if you need any.

Cecil

Still interested in checklist. No contact info in profile though.

Thanks in advance-
Cecil

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm loooking for a 1999 series card "Bo, a Chesapeake Bay Retreiver, tattoo number 06-03" We adopted Bo when he retired. He just recently died and I would really love to have a copy of his card, if anyone has one.

tetterton@verizon.net

This message has been edited. Last edited by: miket999,

Posts: 8 | Location: virginia | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone here have any of the cards given away by Customs to promote their efforts? I am looking for info on the 1999 Blue set. I know that the set is 100 cards and I have 99 different with tons of singles to trade. Problem is, I can't find out what the missing card is as there is no checklist card. Does anyone have any info at all??

thanks-
Cecil

I actually have a large collection of these in an album somewhere - collected as my ex-wife and I would go back and forth over the Wash-BC border between ‘01 and ‘04 to visit her folks in Vancouver. There were SEVERAL sets produced throughout the 90's, and 1999 - as far as I know - was the last one (but I could be wrong). The borders are various colors, depending on the series. ALL customs officers and K9 handlers carry these cards, or something similar.....I’ve even seen many different kinds produced by local precincts all around the nation, all with a K9 theme. I still ask for these whenever I get lucky enough to find a K9 handler, which is rare these days since I rarely have to pass through int'l borders.

My only question to you is....how do you know there are 100 cards in the US Customs sets?? Are you basing this off of the occasional Ebay ad that springs up for these? (often from the same seller, I’ve noticed)

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
What, no scratch and sniff cards? Big Grin

Stupid I know, but I thought it was funny. Wink

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
quote:

thanks-
Cecil

I actually have a large collection of these in an album somewhere - collected as my ex-wife and I would go back and forth over the Wash-BC border between ‘01 and ‘04 to visit her folks in Vancouver. There were SEVERAL sets produced throughout the 90's, and 1999 - as far as I know - was the last one (but I could be wrong). The borders are various colors, depending on the series. ALL customs officers and K9 handlers carry these cards, or something similar.....I’ve even seen many different kinds produced by local precincts all around the nation, all with a K9 theme. I still ask for these whenever I get lucky enough to find a K9 handler, which is rare these days since I rarely have to pass through int'l borders.

My only question to you is....how do you know there are 100 cards in the US Customs sets?? Are you basing this off of the occasional Ebay ad that springs up for these? (often from the same seller, I’ve noticed)

Geoff

Actually, I was basing my "thoughts" that there were 100 cards off someone else's information. I posted a while back asking about the missing card (so I thought) and was told that there was a checklist card. But that person never would respond to my posts here. Trust me, I would be extremely happy to find out there was only 99 cards. One less set to worry about.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cecil,

The movie "Traffic" featured 99 of the 1999 series cards in their DVD extras as a slide show. If you have all of those, I'd say you have them all. I don't have the checklist, but I'd be happy to provide you with the featured list. Do you have an extra card from that series for Bo? (see my earlier post)

Posts: 8 | Location: virginia | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob P.:
Cecil,

The movie "Traffic" featured 99 of the 1999 series cards in their DVD extras as a slide show. If you have all of those, I'd say you have them all. I don't have the checklist, but I'd be happy to provide you with the featured list. Do you have an extra card from that series for Bo? (see my earlier post)

Hi Bob,

It's been a busy day as my Wife and I are trying to buy a house. This is why I haven't responded to your email. I have a bunch of extras of this series but it might take a bit to round them up. I am such a card pack rat, it's overwhelming sometimes. I will keep you in mind when I do find the cards.

Thanks for the info concerning the Traffic DVD.
Cecil

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
It never ceases to amaze me where trading cards will show up!!!

Bob P: WHICH disc do the cards appear on? The main disc or the Bonus disc? Netflix features both discs, but Netflix's decsriptions do not reveal which disc has the slide show....

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Geoffrey, The cards are on disc two of the Criterion collection edition of Traffic. I don't think Netflix has that edition. I purchased my copy at Amazon, hoping my dog was in the collection.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob P.,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I have some yellow and orange ones that I found so far.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What years are orange and yellow?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob P.,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I will take a look.
Ace

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Looks like '01, '99.
Ace