Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Booksmith Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the Ellison card.

Here is the Bradbury card.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember that Bradbury sale and the description.

Thanks, Bill.

Jess

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are some more:

444 W.S. DiPiero (looks like 2001)

Cards of Allen Ginsburg and Nina Hartley (unsure of numbers on them)

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill!
I've got 5 different editions of SLIPPAGE, now I just need the Booksmith card to go with them!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

444 would be June 2001.

Here's another card, from Nov 2004.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That Ray Bradbury card is also very nice, thanks for the picture.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you could have picked up the Nina Hartley card earlier this year but you had to buy a copy of her book for about $80. The card wasn't shown. I'm not sure it sold.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Here are some more:

Cards of Allen Ginsburg and Nina Hartley (unsure of numbers on them)

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a Nina card on ebay now along with about a dozen other cards. Search for the bookstore name using the detailed search.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Catskilleagle -- any chance you could contact me offline about this set? My email address is in my profile.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,

Okay. I will.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Catskilleagle -- any chance you could contact me offline about this set? My email address is in my profile.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I updated the list today, based on the posts and a couple I saw recently.

Someone sold a 300 or so count lot....I wish they posted a list!

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The seller actually sold 380 cards for $ 300. Wow, that was a great deal !

Someone else had a lot of 14 on ebay the other day. Not sure of the numbers, but the cards were:

Richard Avedon
Elizabeth Berg
Raymond Bonner
Susie Bright
Z. Budapest
Sophy Burnham
Geoffrey Canada
Jon Carroll
Cydney Chadwick
Howard Rheingold
David Schneider
Andrew Vachss
The Original Whole Earth Catalog
The Upcoming Whole Earth Catalog

The Andrew Vachss card was 862

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the NSU article on the Booksmith cards, from 1997.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Mullins,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,

That is a great find! Thanks! I looked for that article and any reference to that article but came up empty a few months ago and looked for it before as well. I had a vague memory of it but was beginning to wonder if it was just a mention in Finders Keepers or in the letters to the magazine. I have the Oct-Nov 2000 issue that has an article index and didn't see a Booksmith listing but now I see the title was under "Author Trading Cards" from '97 - should have thought of looking under "author."

Thanks again,

Jess

quote:
Here is the NSU article on the Booksmith cards, from 1987.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill Mullins, for posting that article. I already see a discrepancy. NSU lists cards 11 and 12 as Earth Catalogs. My list has 11 and 12 as two authors, and the Whole Earth books are both unnumbered. I don't recall where I saw all four cards, but I am confident my info is right so I'm going with that. And in filling PCE blanks with the NSU list is going on blind faith, but glad to have the info in there. I'll update the list we have going here.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Todd,

There are definitely unnumbered cards which are not covered in the list within the NSU article Bill linked. It's a weird omission since it came from the people at the store unless there is some micro-numbering I missed. I'll see what I have and do a couple of scans.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
Thanks Bill Mullins, for posting that article. I already see a discrepancy. NSU lists cards 11 and 12 as Earth Catalogs. My list has 11 and 12 as two authors, and the Whole Earth books are both unnumbered. I don't recall where I saw all four cards, but I am confident my info is right so I'm going with that. And in filling PCE blanks with the NSU list is going on blind faith, but glad to have the info in there. I'll update the list we have going here.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can anyone see the pictures in my previous post?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can anyone see the pictures in my previous post?

Nope.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bill, I saw them earlier today. Showed cards # 11 and 12.