Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    The Ones That Got Away...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ones That Got Away...
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did some detective work and tracked down the ebay seller who bought the Doom 2099 sheet last month. He told me that he resold it last week for $ 300 ! So I guess the demand for these old 1993 promos is increasing...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What other promo sheets did SkyBox release around that era, circa 1993, that came encased in those plastic holders ?

I have seen ones for DC Milestone and Ultraverse Series 1. They are listed in PCE. That is it.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
There is also the 3 card Milestone: The Dakota Universe sheet limited to 900. Distributed at Heroes World Sales Conference circa 1993.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Albert,

Is that Milestone the same one which Tommy mentioned ?

I have the 3 card sheet in the plastic holder, but have not looked at it in awhile.

Or are we talking about 2 different sheets for the same set ? Milestone and DC Milestone are the same thing. DC Comics did this series.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
It probably is the same. But I would just like a confirmation from Tommy whether he and I are talking about the same sheet.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

That's the one with Hardware, Icon & Rocket, and Static on the front with Heroes World and Skybox (Because Great Cards are Hard to Find) logos on the back (serial-numbered out of 900).

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
There is also the 3 card Milestone: The Dakota Universe sheet limited to 900. Distributed at Heroes World Sales Conference circa 1993.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Yeap! That's the one.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am sure that there is only 1 slabbed Milestone promo sheet.

Is there just 1 for Ultraverse, the one from the first set ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I've only seen the one Ultraverse.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I'm afraid another one of those sheets sold for something less than $60 last month. If the seller had worded it better, it would been more visible and would have gone for a lot more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skybo...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Another sheet just sold (3-22-21) for around $300.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I did some detective work and tracked down the ebay seller who bought the Doom 2099 sheet last month. He told me that he resold it last week for $ 300 ! So I guess the demand for these old 1993 promos is increasing...

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yikes ! Can't believe that I missed that Doom 2099 sheet. That one is still on my want list. I have had the other 2 sheets for years but not the Doom. I have only seen 2 of those show up on Ebay in the past and I always saw them after they sold. Right now one of the other red foil sheets is on ebay, the one of the 3 villains. Asking price $ 450.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone is also selling a Marvel Universe IV collection including all three of the red foil sheets and six of the red foil samples (no stickers).

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Yikes ! Can't believe that I missed that Doom 2099 sheet. That one is still on my want list. I have had the other 2 sheets for years but not the Doom. I have only seen 2 of those show up on Ebay in the past and I always saw them after they sold. Right now one of the other red foil sheets is on ebay, the one of the 3 villains. Asking price $ 450.