Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Jurassic Park promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jurassic Park promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I'm starting this thread so we have a place for all the various Jurassic Park promos especially anything oddball. There seemed to be a lot of stuff for the first movie and a decent amount for the others as well including promotions outside the US. Feel free to talk about any favorites you don't see.

Here's a closed wrapper and an open one of Chupa Chups bubble gum (Universal City Studios/Amblin Entertainment, 1993) which was sold in the UK. Inside specially-marked packs, you got one sticker and some gum. There are 16 different stickers total. The oddball thing about the sticker was that it wasn't loose inside the wrapper. You actually peeled if off the inside of the wrapper as seen in the scan. Each sticker measures 1 9/16 x 2 inches and features artwork of dinosaurs. The wrapper has the Jurassic Park logo and promotes the first movie.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Dr. Pepper has cans out again.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I noted this one in another thread. It's the "Jurassic Park: The Ride" 6-card set that was given out at Dairy Queen restaurants in 1996 - probably another one card per kid's meal promotion. Five card fronts and 1 card back are shown below.

The set actually promotes a ride at Universal Studios rather than a particular movie.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is card #21 from the American and German releases of Kenner toys in those countries back in 1993. I posted the scan in a Kenner toy card thread as well.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are three "Jurassic Park Action Stickers and Stand Up Cards" from the 8-card set (Universal City/Amblin Entertainment, 1993). They were inserted one per smaller package of Weetabix cereal or two per package of the larger size in the UK. They measure 1 3/4 x 3 1/2 inches. One side of the card bears die-cut stickers; the opposite side shows artwork of a dinosaur, the cast, or a vehicle. A piece of the card can be separated to fit into a slot on the bottom edge to make it a stand-up card. The set promotes the first movie.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is the 5-card set of Jurassic World 3D cards (Universal Studios/Amblin Entertainment, Inc., undated) which were available one card per pack of "Jurassic World Chocolate Dinosaur" candy. These cards show a nice 3D effect that doesn't show well in a scan. The cards are undated but the candy packaging says "2018" which is weird because the movie is "Jurassic World" (the 4th movie) which was released three years earlier.

I scanned these cards still in their cello-packs last year. I scanned them again today after taking them out of their packs in order to see if a cleaner scan was possible but they didn't come out noticeably sharper so I stayed with the older scan.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a dual-image lenticular card that was inserted with the "Jurassic Park: The Lost World" VHS (U.C.S. & Amblin, 1997) in Canada. It's near-identical to the one inserted in the U.S. but this one says "The Lost World" in French. It's unnumbered and measures 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches (same size as the American one).

"Jurassic Park: The Lost World" was the second movie made.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

I have 6 Jurassic Park stickers from Ataka S.A. Bubble Gums Confectionares (a Greek company similar to Dunkin). I'm afraid I don't know how many are in the set, my lowest is #2 and the highest is #42. They measure approximately 2 11/16th inches by 1 1/16th inches which includes the separate bottom panel of 1/2 inch by 1 1/16 inches that shows text of Universal Studios/Amblin Entertainment, Inc., 1992 and the number. None have captions and I have included an image of the wrapper. I got them personally whilst holidaying on a Greek island although I cannot remember where and when.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hadn't seen that one, John. Interesting.

I haven't been to a Greek isle but I have been to Alcatraz, the site of a former top-security prison - now a tourist attraction in San Francisco Bay. Somehow, the Greek isle sounds more attractive. I certainly didn't find any cards nor stickers.

Jess

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

I knew I had some other Jurassic Park cards and after a rummage round I found the following

Jurassic Park The Lost World

KP Foods Group in the Spring of 1997 under their savoury snacks brand names "Skips, Hula Hoops, Mini Cheddars" issued a set of 36 cards bearing the words Jurassic Park The Lost World. 16 of the cards were classed as Mini size (38mm x 33mm) with the other 20 being classed as Monster size (75mm x 55mm). The "mini" cards were issued separately in individual promotional packs of Mini Cheddars and the "Monster" cards issued in promotional multi-bags. Note the cards themselves were enclosed inside a cellophane bag.

A Collectors File was available consisting of 12 pages with a pouch on page 12 to contain the cards which is kept closed by small sections of Velcro, it also lists the 36 cards in the two groups. The file refers to the cards as Pop-a-Saurus as the cards are pop-up cards with the mini versions being intended for use in a snakes and ladders type game illustrated across pages 10-11 of the file. The cards themselves feature scenes from Jurassic Park The Lost World as well as various art images of dinosaurs. The file itself measures 178 mm x 295mm when closed but when opened out to play the game it measures 534mm x 295mm.

The file also mentions that you can purchase complete sets of each.

I am sure that I would have purchased the entire set however all I have found so far is the collectors file and the 16 mini cards (still in their closed format and in strips of 4) but not the larger cards however after an internet search I have found images of the larger cards, all of which I have shown below:-

The Cover of the collectors file

The Contents page

The Checklist

Some of the mini cards in the strip of 4 cards when purchased from the issuer

A Mini card front unopened

a Mini card back unopened

a Monster card front unopened

a Monster card back unopened

a Monster card opened

a card inside its cellophane bag

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for showing those, John. I'm sure there are more JP promos out there including some from outside the UK and US.

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wal-Mart has run promotions with cards inserted with their pizzas. This is the "Jurassic World" 4-card set (Universal Studios/Amblin Entertainment Inc., 2015). A card was inserted with a pizza bought there and the card you got depended on the pizza (e.g. you got the Triceratops card only with the cheese pizza). Each was in its own cello-pack. There's a code on the back for a $5 credit for the VUDU digital video store/streaming service but it expired in September 2015.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a card from a second set of "Jurassic World" cards (Universal Studios/Amblin Entertainment, 2015) - another Wal-Mart promotion that year. The cards feature a different mix of dinosaurs with a different photo of Velociraptor.

Like the first set, each card was sealed in its own cello-pack and each has a code on the back for a $5 credit for the VUDU digital video store/streaming service, The expiration date is later (February 8, 2016) than for the first set.