Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Mego Fan Cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/6517085876

September 25, 2015, 10:09 AM
David R
Mego Fan Cards
After 25 years of collecting non-sports sets and 20 years of collecting promos, I finally broke down this year and started pursuing the Mego Museum and Plaid Stallions cards, something which I never attempted before 2015

I now have all of the"official" Mego Museum cards, but am missing most of the stickers

On Plaid Stallions, I am missing only 5 of the 42 cards, plus all of the stickers

I never realized until last week as to how many unofficial, fan made Mego sets there are. I have seen ones for Space 1999, Zorro, Planet of the Apes, Six Million Dollar Man, Mego Popy, 2 different DC Comics heroes sets, Munsters, and Star Trek. I now have all of these

However, I have also seen sets for Dr. Who and Battlestar Galactica, which unfortunately I missed out on. Saw them after they were sold

I'm also looking for Kenner Superpowers SP2, SP3, SP4, SP4.1 and SP5

Can anyone help me with the ones that I need?

Are there other Fan cards out there ?
September 25, 2015, 06:14 PM
STCardGeek
Funny, I'm going the other way and thinking I will no longer chase after the Mego cards, *official* or not. Fan cards are in interesting topic for discussion, one I've wobbled on over the years.

September 25, 2015, 07:10 PM
BILLZEE
Email sent with scans... awaiting your reply.
September 28, 2015, 03:00 PM
David R
This is my current want list of Mego and Plaid related cards. It's getting shorter !

Plaid Stallions 6, 7, 9, 11, 30

Foreign Mego Ultraman Leo, Tex sticker

Tomland Monsters # 2

Action Jackson Topps motorcycle card

Mego Fan Dr. Who, Battlestar Galactica

ANY Mego or Plaid stickers aside from Shadow and the white Knight

Thanks !!!
October 03, 2015, 07:01 AM
CordeliaChase_Fan
I don't believe there were more than the first two Super Powers cards as I was on the mailing list for those and only ever got two. They showed off the other two but I don't think they are ever physically made.

October 05, 2015, 04:31 PM
David R
Cordelia,

Someone else told me the same, that only SP1 and 2 exist, although a website shows SP3, SP4 and SP4.1 of Robin and Batman. Not sure why there are 2 versions (SP4 and 4.1) of the Batman card, same fronts just different backs and numbers

I have picked up alot of the above from the Mego Museum. I am down to missing these:

Plaid Stallions # 11 and 30

Foreign Mego Ultraman Leo

Most of the stickers
October 06, 2015, 10:48 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
The Batman cards had two different colored fronts- grey and blue because the guy that was making them couldn't choose which one he liked better. However they haven't been printed and there's been no other news since 2013.

October 07, 2015, 02:40 PM
David R
Thanks again for the tip.

I just picked up the Castaway Heroes card of The Phantom, the purple guy. I am told that there is also a Capt Action card. Are these 2 tough to find ? Are there just 2 in the set ?

And I am down to missing the last Plaid Stallion (not counting one error card) I can't find #30 of Alien anywhere !