Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    1994 X-MEN Fleer Ultra promo question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1994 X-MEN Fleer Ultra promo question
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
I recently saw this card for sale. It is touted as having been a giveaway with a beach towel purchase from Walmart in 1994. 6 different cards, one for each towel. I'd never heard of this promotion.

Now, Walmart also sold boxes of these cards. Are the 6 Limited Edition Subset cards found in the boxes identical to the sealed beach towel cards?

TRIPTYCH FRONT TRIPTYCH BACK

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They look very, very similar, down to what appears to be red foil letters.
I have a set from packs, but the picture of the towel card is probably too small to compare them fully.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Chesspieceface,

Thanks for taking the time to compare them!

A close up of the front and back.

TRIPTYCH CLOSE UP

https://hosting.photobucket.co...eight=320&fit=bounds

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay. For purposes of comparison, here's the pictures of my own set, which were definitely pack-pulled.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
They seem to be identical. So, no need to chase them as newfound promos except perhaps in the cello pack, when they appear. I wonder if they'll be featured in PCE2023?