Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Red Dwarf 2002 Memorabilia promo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Dwarf 2002 Memorabilia promo
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Here's one I never heard of before today, from 2002. Saw one "you know where". Seller's is asking almost $ 200 for it !

Back says 2002 Memorabilia Promo Card on it

Is it very hard to find ? Anyone have more info on it ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This is not a promo from the Memorabilia NEC....it is a Memorabilia ( costume ) card from the Futera Red Dwarf set.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My mistake. Back says 250 made

Do these come up often ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
No, these don't come up often. Rupt (who I haven't heard from in six or seven years on cardtalk) worked for several years putting this set together(all promos, binder variants, costume, relics, autos). It is a really, really nice set. I was only able to get two boxes from the UK. The manufacture was Futura. They mainly did football(soccer) cards. Love this set but no you don't see many cards from it around.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking at completed auctions, I also see a card AP1 signed by one of the female cast members. No scan of the back, but the seller lists it as a PROMO. Asking price close to $400! The auction says that 250 were made, but only 35 were signed

Neither this or the other card I mentioned are listed on Jeff Allendar's checklist for the Futura set, from what I can see

Are either of these cards really promos ? How were they distributed ?

Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
The promo auto cards were inserted into the Blue Midget Binder as Binder exclusives.

The card has the same back with promo card in silver foil, and is numbered to 250, but the actors signed the following number of cards.

Chloë Annett (35 signed)
Chris Barrie (32 signed)
Craig Charles (6 signed)
Sylvain Despretz (31 signed)
Danny John-Jules (33 signed)
Robert Llewelyn (34 signed)
Norman Lovett (45 signed)

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What is a Blue Midget binder ? How was that available ? Are these promo autos tough to find now ?

Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
The Blue Midget Binder was a leather look embossed binder which included a Blue Midget metal card limited to 250, a chrome base set, and one of the 7 promo autograph cards.

They sold out straight away, and rarely appear on ebay.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post