Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Valvoline Promo Cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valvoline Promo Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I am looking for the following. Does anyone have these ? Help ! Help ! Smile

# 13, 23, 35, 48, 49, 55

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
David,
I will look in my stash.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I have several spare Valvoline promos but so far, haven't found the ones you're looking for but still searching.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a lot of 18 Valvoline promos for a mere $ 4.00. Smile It appears to contain 1 of the ones that I am missing, # 55.

If so, then I'm only missing five to complete my set, # 13, 23, 35, 48, 49

The late, great Bill DeFranzo told me that in his expert opinion, there are only 50 different promos total in the set, not 100, and if so, then I now have 45 different...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found promo # 13. Very happy

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found # 49. Smile Thanks, Promoking !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm still looking for # 23, 35, 48 if anyone can please help.

I have 47 different promos so far.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone found any numbers other than the following:

1-7, 9-16, 18-22, 24-33, 37-41, 43, 46, 49, 50, 51, 52, 55, 57, 58, 70, 71, 79

I am told that # 23, 35 and 48 exist, but I have never seen them.

Beware of ebay auctions listing promos that are just the common cards. The real promos have the tiny words on the lower backs indicating that they are the genuine promo cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David,
I do have a #48, the Daimler Dingo 1942.
Couldn't say where I acquired it. I look for these on ebay every so often and haven't seen any listed for quite a while.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Greg, is that something which you want to hang onto ? Smile

There is a # 48 on ebay now that the auction says is a promo, but it is not. If you look carefully, it does not have the magic words on the lower back.

I have one of the promos (I forget which) with the SILVER foil lettering on it. I have never seen another (on any number) before or since.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The real promos say "FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE ONLY" on the lower backs, in tiny letters.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Greg, is that something which you want to hang onto ? Smile

David, I might be persuaded to let it go...
drop me an email and we can talk about it!

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:

The late, great Bill DeFranzo told me that in his expert opinion, there are only 50 different promos total in the set, not 100, and if so, then I now have 45 different...

David,
I think you and our friend Bill are right. It's impossible for all of us to have missed 50 cards and when we do find them, they are often duplicates. I will revise my search accordingly!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found # 35 earlier this year. These 49 definitely exist:

1-7, 9-16, 18-22, 24-33, 35, 37-41, 43, 46, 48-52, 55, 57, 58, 70, 71, 79

I still have not found # 23

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can anyone confirm that promo # 23 exists ?

This would be the WWI Ambulance

In 20 plus years of searching, I have never come across that one, just the common card from the set

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen that one.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Can anyone confirm that promo # 23 exists ?

This would be the WWI Ambulance

In 20 plus years of searching, I have never come across that one, just the common card from the set

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As mentioned in PCE, Tuff Stuff's claimed back in 1994/95 that there were 1000 silver foil promos made and 100 autographed silver foils.

I have one silver version. The logo is definitely noticeably different from the regular promos. I have never seen another silver one

Has anyone EVER come across an autographed promo ? I have NOT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A friend asked me to post this photo of a silver foil version of #51, the top card. Below it, #50, is one of the regular goil foil promos.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I have never seen a silver version before !

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You're welcome and thanks to our friend who took the time to get the image and send it to me. I had not seen one either. Silver foil looks white in a scan and can look gray in a photo. I assume that there are a number of silver foil cards out there but the collector hasn't noticed the difference particularly if they have just the one promo they pulled from their copy of the magazine.

I still haven't seen any of the autographed ones.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Thanks for posting this. I have never seen a silver version before !

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,