Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Buffy W O S Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy W O S Question
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Dose anyone know what the Buffy Women of Sunnydale promo card D-1 was issued for or by
my presumption is that it was issued by Inklworks to announce that the set had been released
As on the back it has Now Available
Is my presumption correct or was there another reason
Thanks for any information

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I believe it was issued with Diamond Select action figure or figures.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The diamond card was DST-1 and featured Anya
The D-1 features Anya and Tara

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 says it was "inserted with toy figures."

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Dose anyone know what the Buffy Women of Sunnydale promo card D-1 was issued for or by
my presumption is that it was issued by Inklworks to announce that the set had been released
As on the back it has Now Available
Is my presumption correct or was there another reason
Thanks for any information

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Only place I never checked lol why do I have it
I was under the impression that the DST-1 came with the Palz toy but says Box Topper
So dose that mean that D-1 came with the Palz Toy that the redemption card TFR1 was redeemed for

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, PCE2008 says DST-1 is a box topper in Women of Sunnydale boxes. It doesn't say anything about D-1 other than that it was inserted with toy figures. I don't know much about the Palz figures and don't think I have any of the cards.

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Only place I never checked lol why do I have it
I was under the impression that the DST-1 came with the Palz toy but says Box Topper
So dose that mean that D-1 came with the Palz Toy that the redemption card TFR1 was redeemed for

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have some of the cards acquired separately from the figures which I know nothing about other than what you can find on the internet. Looking on the internet one thing I did notice is that the DST-1 image seems to be replicated on the Anya and Tara figure packing of the Diamond figures. The Palz listings in PCE do not include either Anya or Tara so what figures was the D1 included with?

Overall when you look at the listings of Buffy cards it is not usual to see cards not part of the box series included e.g. Season One BL1 was included in boxes of Season Two etc. so could both D1 and DST1 have been inserted in boxes?

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Palz were a 17 card set released in 2004-05

From what I recall, 2 of them were harder to find as I think that 2 of the toys that had the respective cards were exclusive to certain on line websites

http://nslists.com/buffpalz.htm#S1

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The PALZ set, front & back:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great scans !

Getting back to the D1 card, I am fairly certain that back in 2004, I purchased Buffy action figures from the local comic store that were Diamond exclusives to get a card inserted in them. I don't think they were the Palz cards. Was there 1 card or more than one ? I do not recall

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do you have scans of the 3 Inkworks Buffy cards from the video game ? Those were hard to find. 1 card per video game, and they were random

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I don't think I have the video game cards.
Do you know their numbers or how they were designated?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Season Six Chaos Bleeds VU-1 to VU-3

An internet search will reveal sets of the 3 for sale

Maybe someone can please post scans ?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I found a VU-2 in one of my binders:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The other two VU cards are Buffy and Spike

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I thought I had everything Buffy, but alas I do not.
Weep not for me softly some cards I just don't not got.
The cards that elude me are no longer my quest.
But I got Sarah's auto so with that I'll just rest.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are a bunch of the VU cards on ebay now if you are interested

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah years ago, I remember those being hard to find. I don't recall the price range they peaked at but think it was something like $20-25 a piece. More must have been dumped on the market after Inkworks shut down. A lot of the Buffy promos are easy to get now.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Do you have scans of the 3 Inkworks Buffy cards from the video game ? Those were hard to find. 1 card per video game, and they were random

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How long did you work on that? It was almost four hours since your previous post but I assume you took a break for dinner and maybe you watched "Jeopardy."

I'm trying to recall if I've ever written a poem about Buffy...uhh...nope.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I thought I had everything Buffy, but alas I do not.
Weep not for me softly some cards I just don't not got.
The cards that elude me are no longer my quest.
But I got Sarah's auto so with that I'll just rest.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Maybe 5 minutes, Topps (get it, Topps? Haw, haw!)