Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Battlestar Galactica Season Four - Promo 2 (Mislabeled P1)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlestar Galactica Season Four - Promo 2 (Mislabeled P1)
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
Just saw a listing for this - Anybody know how rare this Promo really is.

Seems I learn a new thing about old promos all the time - Its never ending the amount of errors ad variations out there.

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This thread addresses your question.

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....=897107721#897107721

Bill estimated that 10,000 promos total were printed and that 10% of those were the error so maybe there are 1000 of them (a ballpark at least) so they aren't rare but they are scarce, a distinction he loved to hear people make, meaning that the number of people who still want exceeds the number of publicly-available cards. Something can be rare and scarce or just rare in the case that few are looking for it. It's quite possible that many collectors have it without knowing it because it isn't an obvious error like a misspelling. You have to know what the wrong back looks like.

Yeah, it's hard to find but don't break the piggy bank for that one unless you absolutely have to have it.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
Just saw a listing for this - Anybody know how rare this Promo really is.

Seems I learn a new thing about old promos all the time - Its never ending the amount of errors ad variations out there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I still haven't seen a recent sale for this one - none over the past couple of years though I haven't hunted it regularly. I can see someone offering one for about $100. It remains hard-to-find but is it $100 worth of hard-to-find?

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see one sold on Jan 22 with a Best Offer below $99. Most sellers don't like to give a discount above 20% so I'm thinking it went for $80-90. From that, I figure many promo collectors and many collectors of the set might already have it. I'm a little surprised it went for that much, thinking it was more of a $35-50 card, but I've underestimated the market before.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14393...rksid=p2047675.l2557