Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
X-Men Watch cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/6027054496

October 03, 2020, 10:46 PM
kyfhomp
X-Men Watch cards
This is for those of you who are trying to complete the X-Men watch card set of 6 cards. The bad news is that there are actually 2 different 6 card sets. The first set consists of 6 regular size cards that I believe were included in boxes that were marked with a small gold sticker as being X of 5000 numbered boxes. There are also Artists Proof boxes with the same small gold sticker that states AP X of 150 numbered boxes (The 3 boxes that I have all show AP057 of 150 and the watches are also marked that same way on their backs. The only other difference is that the card in each AP box is approximately 1/4 inch taller and 1/4 inch wider than the regular sized cards. Size is the only difference as both fronts and backs are identical in both sets.
October 05, 2020, 05:42 PM
David R
Albert, a Hulk sold yesterday on ebay for $12.99 plus shipping. I just saw it. No, I was not the winner. That is one of the 2 that I do not have. I wonder if it was legit or did someone just clip the chase card ?

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
I've seen the chase cards for that set and they have sold for up to $75.00 each. The promos have sold for that as well. i never liked the idea of the cut corners either. Now there's a story I'd like to know about. Who made the decision to "cut corners" on this set by deciding not to issue a separate promo card?

October 06, 2020, 07:10 PM
promoking
[QUOTE]Originally posted by David R:
Albert, a Hulk sold yesterday on ebay for $12.99 plus shipping. I wonder if it was legit or did someone just clip the chase card ?

Such are the vagaries of promo card collecting. Go figure?
Now, as far as whether it was authentic, the chase cards sell for between $50 and $60 each. Why cut them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,