Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    1995 Fushigi Yug (the mysterious play)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1995 Fushigi Yug (the mysterious play)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Any one know anything about these cards .
PCE 08 Page 62 has them listed as a set of eight , I have six of the cards and want to complete the set.
However I have two cards that are not on the list dose anyone know how many cards were in the set, listed below are the cards that I have
Hotohori, Chiriko, Nuriko, Tamahome
Chichiri, Ashitare These two card titles not on PCE list
The PCE list says set of 8 has a mistake been made as bI have two not listed is it a set of ten or even more

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Piko,

Promoking talked about this once in a phone call, I think. There are 18 cards in that set. I might have more notes on that but will have to check when I get home.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Any one know anything about these cards .
PCE 08 Page 62 has them listed as a set of eight , I have six of the cards and want to complete the set.
However I have two cards that are not on the list dose anyone know how many cards were in the set, listed below are the cards that I have
Hotohori, Chiriko, Nuriko, Tamahome
Chichiri, Ashitare These two card titles not on PCE list
The PCE list says set of 8 has a mistake been made as bI have two not listed is it a set of ten or even more

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
These were inserted in videos one per. There are 18 different ones. I have them but one card could use an upgrade. Let me know if someone wants a complete list.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

Yes, please provide a breakdown of the cards. I've seen several cards including a few "clear cards" that were inserted in videos.

Thanks,

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
These were inserted in videos one per. There are 18 different ones. I have them but one card could use an upgrade. Let me know if someone wants a complete list.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I had 13 different that I sold 5 years ago for $13. I don't have pics or titles, but they were from a comic store whose non-sport cards I got when they closed down. They were in a box marked "video cards" with some others, and that store did indeed rent anime VHS videos, so that's probably how they accumulated the cards in that box.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info I was going to try and complete the set but seeing that there are 18 cards I will pass and put the ones I have aside . The PCE says that that they were from shows and nothing about videos . But in my research I did see A Mysterious Play video for sale but it said nothing about cards
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Piko,

If I were you, I'd keep my eyes open for those. As in Chesspiece's case, I've seen singles and groups of these cards for sale at different times and almost jumped on one group but ended up buying something else. You will see them cheap and overpriced.

They were definitely in videos. I think it was just one edition that had one card per video. There was a gold sticker on the shrinkwrap that said "Collectible Card Included." It's possible the same cards were given out at some shows too.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Thanks for the info I was going to try and complete the set but seeing that there are 18 cards I will pass and put the ones I have aside . The PCE says that that they were from shows and nothing about videos . But in my research I did see A Mysterious Play video for sale but it said nothing about cards
Thanks for the info.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will put them on my watchlist , I thought that It might be a set of about Ten or Twelve but to get twelve to fill my set could be a big ask but at least I have some of them .
I do not think that I have ever seen any for sale. However I will give it a go something to occupy me lol.
I actually think that the artwork and colouring of the cards is quiet striking.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Here they are in no particular order since they are unnumbered:

CHIRIKO; SUBOSHI; HIKITSU; ASHITARE; MITSUKAKE; CHICHIRI; SOI; TOMITE; TOMO; MIBOSHI; AMIBOSHI; MIAKA UKI; TAMAHOME; HOTOHORI; NURIKO; TASUKI; YUI HONGO and NAKAGO.

As mentioned by Catskill, there are also some acetate cards, provenance unknown. The 3 I have, have long numbers in the lower right hand corners ending with 446, 447 and 448. There are probably others, I'm guessing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

I'm not sure but think there are at least four clear cards that were inserted in 1996 videos. However many there are, they had a gold sticker on the shrinkwrap that said, "Limited Edition Clear Card Included."

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Here they are in no particular order since they are unnumbered:

CHIRIKO; SUBOSHI; HIKITSU; ASHITARE; MITSUKAKE; CHICHIRI; SOI; TOMITE; TOMO; MIBOSHI; AMIBOSHI; MIAKA UKI; TAMAHOME; HOTOHORI; NURIKO; TASUKI; YUI HONGO and NAKAGO.

As mentioned by Catskill, there are also some acetate cards, provenance unknown. The 3 I have, have long numbers in the lower right hand corners ending with 446, 447 and 448. There are probably others, I'm guessing.