Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    The Time Machine Movie Promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Time Machine Movie Promos
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
See that there are 2 different versions the these promos (5 Card set for the Movie from 2001)

(AP x/250) and (Card x/30000)

Was wondering if anybody has any information on these 2 different versions

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think I know where you saw that. It was a surprise to me too. Was it something slipped in for fun amongst the more common version or was the more limited set given out at a different show? I was at that SDCC but don't recall if sets were given out each day of the con or if singles were available only on certain days.

I checked my set. Oh yeah, it's the common one. It leaves me thinking that the more limited ones were given out at at a special panel discussion or at a different show.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is the only difference between the cards the AP 250 vs. Card 30,000 on the lower backs ?

Are the pictures the same ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
So I picked up a set of the AP Promos - Was a bit suppriesd / concerned when I looked and saw that all 5 cards were AP 1/250. So I either got the 1st set produced and there are 249 sets out there, or sombombody made up these cards. The fronts are the same as the x/30000 cards - For these I have random numbers for each of the 5 cards

I will try and post pictures

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
L O L you and I must be on the same page I was just signing on to ask the same question hope our questions are answered

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i have checked my set against the other one the cards are identical except there is no AP and the numbers on the 30000set are slightly different font with a issue of 30000 why hasnt this set popped up before and were did it come from also these sets are attributed to Inkworks but do not have the Inkworks logo or name mentioned on them the trade mark says 2001 dreamworksllc can any one clarify if they were actually made and issued by Inkworks

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the "AP 1 of 250" is just a declaration of the print run with the "AP" referring to the source of the cards or the venue. At first I thought it could have been the Alternative Press Expo held annually in California but it would have said "APE" and shown the logo. With only 250 sets it would seem to have been a giveaway for employees at the time or some small event.

quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
So I picked up a set of the AP Promos - Was a bit suppriesd / concerned when I looked and saw that all 5 cards were AP 1/250. So I either got the 1st set produced and there are 249 sets out there, or sombombody made up these cards. The fronts are the same as the x/30000 cards - For these I have random numbers for each of the 5 cards

I will try and post pictures

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post

Here are some pictures of my 1/250 and xxxxx/30000

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There might be another unnumbered set of the Time Machine promo set I have four sets of these cards and looking at them have found in one set four cards # 1. 3. 4. 5 have the #AP 1 of 250 and the #2 card has nothing in the space were the numbers are supposed to be it just has the card number in the top right hand corner#2/5 so there could also be out there just plain sets also these cards are attributed to Inkworks but no where on them is the Inkworks logo are they a Inkworks issued set