Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Bill Nye (SkyBox) video cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Nye (SkyBox) video cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
What do the 3 Bill Nye the Science Guy cards by SkyBox from the 1990s VHS tapes look like ?

Anyone have scans ?

I am not sure if I have them

I'm not talking about the 2 easy promos

I think these are VP1 to VP3 (maybe)

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

Are you talking about the experiment cards? Those are the only cards I know of that were inserted (don't have any of those so I don't know if they were numbered).

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
What do the 3 Bill Nye the Science Guy cards by SkyBox from the 1990s VHS tapes look like ?

Anyone have scans ?

I am not sure if I have them

I'm not talking about the 2 easy promos

I think these are VP1 to VP3 (maybe)

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am not sure. Jeff Allendar's site lists under the promo checklist

vp1 (from videos)
vp2 (from videos)
vp3 (from videos)

That's all the info I have

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think I have finally found one of these

Came across on ebay an old, 1990s sealed VHS tape of Bill Nye-- Outer Space Way Out There !

Has a sticker on the tape which says "FREE ! Way Cool Vision Multi Image Card on Back ! Collect all 3!"

The card depicts some planets. Not sure what the back of the card shows

Guess I need to find the other 2, now !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have also seen a Bill Nye Reptiles and Insects VHS tape that comes with 5 "experiment" cards

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Right. The lenticulars (outer space, dinosaurs, human body) are listed in PCE2008 and I knew about the outer space one because there's a guy who has had one on Ebay for months at a crazy price, but for some reason, I didn't make the connection when you started asking about Bill Nye cards.

The outer space one changes from a photo of an astronaut in space to planets. Is there an additional image? I assume it's 2-3 distinct images rather than a smooth motion transition.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I think I have finally found one of these

Came across on ebay an old, 1990s sealed VHS tape of Bill Nye-- Outer Space Way Out There !

Has a sticker on the tape which says "FREE ! Way Cool Vision Multi Image Card on Back ! Collect all 3!"

The card depicts some planets. Not sure what the back of the card shows

Guess I need to find the other 2, now !

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Since the last post, I found the "Outer Space" lenticular. It's 2 7/16 x 3 7/16 so it's slightly smaller than standard card size. It's not a motion card but has nice lenticular images. The back of the card describes what you can see. It's undated and unnumbered so the VP1-VP3 cards mentioned above are something else.

It's tough to get good photos of the images you have to get them from an angle which distorts the view and you can catch it transitioning to the next image but you get a good idea of the card.