Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    L.A. Rams Cheerleaders/Image Comics cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

L.A. Rams Cheerleaders/Image Comics cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
These are sort of weird. PCE lists a handful of early 1990s promos in which the fronts depict photos of cheerleaders of the Los Angeles Rams football team, and the backs show Image Comics characters

Anyone ever see these ? I have not. Wonder how they were distributed and how many different ones there are

Posts: 2273 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I've seen all the ones listed. I always like finding one.

Posts: 1966 | Location: Cumberland, ME USA | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had seen maybe 4-5 signed singles over the years but then I found what was said to be a complete set - 43 different unsigned cards. It was in its own specially-printed box. The seller said he got it sometime ago from the boyfriend of one of the cheerleaders. It appears each cheerleader and maybe other Rams employees received a set of these and each cheerleader was given a quantity of her card to sign and give out at fan events.

I listed the cards in the PCE additions/corrections thread.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
These are sort of weird. PCE lists a handful of early 1990s promos in which the fronts depict photos of cheerleaders of the Los Angeles Rams football team, and the backs show Image Comics characters

Anyone ever see these ? I have not. Wonder how they were distributed and how many different ones there are

Posts: 757 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are the Image Comics characters on all 43 cards as well ?

Posts: 2273 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There's an Extreme Studios logo and artwork of Youngblood (I think) giving a thumb's up on the backs of all the cards. It's a little larger on the header card.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Are the Image Comics characters on all 43 cards as well ?

Posts: 757 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post