Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    ESPN Hustle Movie Promo Card from 2004
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ESPN Hustle Movie Promo Card from 2004
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted
I saw this promo on Ebay and now that I have it in hand, I thought that I would share the information about it.

ESPN released the movie "Hustle" in 2004 starring Tom Sizemore as Pete Rose. The seller says there were only 500 made. First one I have seen and I have collected Pete Rose cards for many years now.

Some of you might say this is not a non-sports promo card, but it is. It is a movie, which yes, is about a Baseball Player, and the game itself.

Front:

Back:

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
If you spot another one, please let me know. I've got a mini collection of "baseball cards" from movies and shows. I didn't know this one existed, although the movie was pretty bad.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Ryan,

I certainly will. I figured it was probably a bad movie. I had not seen it.

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few Baseball related movies:

Eight Men Out
Mr 3000
A couple of Kevin Cosner movies have cards. Bull Durham has both standard and over sized cards.
Cannot remember the title, but a movie with Dennis Quaid in it has a small promo set too.

I'm sure there are many more....

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:but a movie with Dennis Quaid in it has a small promo set too.

The Rookie ?

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I think you are right. Too lazy to look for the cards to check! Smile

Thanks.

Mike.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
Ryan,

I certainly will. I figured it was probably a bad movie. I had not seen it.

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few Baseball related movies:

Eight Men Out
Mr 3000
A couple of Kevin Cosner movies have cards. Bull Durham has both standard and over sized cards.
Cannot remember the title, but a movie with Dennis Quaid in it has a small promo set too.

I'm sure there are many more....

Mike.

There's two for Bull Durham. The first is the over-sized made by Gatorade - even comes with a packet. The second, may technically be a baseball card. It was made by Star.

Others:

The Natural - a blank back Hobbs like one shown in the movie. A set came with the deluxe DVD a few years back.

Eastbound and Down - HBO sent out Kenny Powers promo packs when the show's first season was on. Great set based on different Topps/Bowman designs.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Remembered another (this one's definitely a baseball card and not a promo). 1991 Upper Deck Hi Numbers had a Mr. Baseball card with Frank Thomas and Tom Selleck.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook