Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    PCE 2008, additions, deletions and corrections
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PCE 2008, additions, deletions and corrections
 Login/Join

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

Captain Crafty from 1997 from Conception Comics promotes a comic with art of a superhero type cavalier artist drawn by Brian Rice and a.n. other on the front. The card is unnumbered but has the word "Snikt" shown in larger letters on the back along with some bio text and in a speech bubble shown on the front although it is very small.

John

I'm guessing your card is different than the one I have, [pictured below. If so can you please put up yours?

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have recently discovered some more cards I cannot find in the 2008 PCE. These are:-

Another card is one entitled Thunder Monkey and is dated 2006 from Dream Bug Productions. It is numbered 1 on the back.

John

There is a second card for this, 2 "El Sonador". Lee Weeks himself said these were show giveaways and only two different were made.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
quote:
Page 132 of the 2008 PCE has an entry for Spoof Comics, I have three additions for the listing. if needed I can post images.

The additions are as follows:-
n.n. Death Duel with the Vulgar!
No 7 "Oooh, my Spider-Hips are... Aaaaah..Tingling"

There is an entry that is listed as n.n. “Spider-Femme- Nothing...”
I have a Gold Prismatic Border card that has on the Nothing Can Stop... The Sandwitch! Is this the same card?

Page 110 of the 2008 PCE has an entry for Personality Comics
I have another entry n.n. Led Zeppelin

regards

John

Todd

Email sent with images.

Glad to be of service.

regards

John

I would like to see images of these if its not too much trouble. Got to see everything I document.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another group of cards that I have come across in my collection are four cards entitled Bubblegum Crisis issued the November 1994 edition of "This Comic Book" Magazine (a UK publication) published by Manga Publishing Ltd which featured various Japanese Anime stories. There are 4 unnumbered cards, size is 89mm x 64mm and the artist is uncredited, front in colour and back in black and white with some bio about the Super Heroines. A recent internet search revealed that some of the stories in the magazine were the copyright of Dark Horse Comics.
The four characters are:-

Linna Yamzaki
Priss Asagiri
Nene Romanova
Sylia Stingray

and one of their images:-

Front
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Back

Let me know if you want to see that other three.

regards

John

I would love toi see them all.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Page 84 of the 2008 PCE lists an 8 card set called Legends of Batman issued with Sugar Puffs cereal and a Canadian issue.

John

I was wrong about it being issued in Canada. The ones I have all say Middlesex on the back. And yeah there are 16 total, but good luck finding the Joker cards. Thanks for the help!

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have five cards that are characters from Star Wars and are sized 2 7/16" x 3 13/16" so a bit larger than the standard card. They have a copyright date of 1997 along with the text Lucasfilm Ltd. They are unnumbered but show no real issuer that I can see. They are:-

Chewbacca the Wookie
Darth Vader
Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia Organa
Yoda Jedi Master

This text is quite large on the front and the backs contain biographic information. I have purposely only post a front and a back.

[IMG:right] [/IMG]

Has anyone seen these before, do they have a series title and an issuer and are there just five?

regards

John

Can you send me pic of all of theM?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Todd,

You can see images of 10 cards from the set here:

https://www.dinofan.com/Collec...ueTypeCode=154851548

quote:
quote:
Shown under the "D's" by promoking was a listing for Destination Dinosaur as an addition. 15 names were shown which a have rearranged in alphabetical order which combined with the three listed in PCE means that there are at least two entries for every dinosaur other than the Dinosaur eggs and Tyrannosaurus. Are these different images or something else?

Destination Dinosaur- ADDITION: this is an 18 card set.
Allosaurus
Apatosaurus
Deinonychus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dinosaur eggs
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Protoceratops
Protoceratops
Pteranadon
Pteranodon
Triceratops
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus
plus the three in PCE which are Allosaurus, Apatosaurus, Deinonychus

regards

John

John, can you provide any images, front and back, or any of these?

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hey Todd,

/QUOTE]

Jess

Well done! A Terrific site, it confirms another 7 cards making 10 in all so far. Could the other 8 be different images?

As an aside I looked to see if they had an image of Bassett's Age of the Dinosaur card No 39 which is a very rare card but alas they didn't which is not surprising, of the 50 card set 15 cards are very scarce. I too am missing card no 39. They do however have the other 14, regrettably I cannot remember their numbers.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

Yes, it's a fantastic reference for dinosaur cards. I collect various dinosaur/prehistoric animals cards too and have checked that site quite a few times.

Jess

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hey Todd,

/QUOTE]

Jess

Well done! A Terrific site, it confirms another 7 cards making 10 in all so far. Could the other 8 be different images?

As an aside I looked to see if they had an image of Bassett's Age of the Dinosaur card No 39 which is a very rare card but alas they didn't which is not surprising, of the 50 card set 15 cards are very scarce. I too am missing card no 39. They do however have the other 14, regrettably I cannot remember their numbers.

regards

John

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 lists "Larissa" as card 014 in the KISW Rock Girls" set. Here is the the 014 card I have which features "Kelli" instead. If someone else has the Larissa card, please post a scan.

Edit: I scanned it at the Best Quality resolution using a copier at Fed Ex but you can't make out the card number. I tried to scan it with a desktop connected to a flatbed at Fed Ex but it wasn't working and I ran out of time. I'll try again either there or somewhere else.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the one I have. It was the header of a promo pack and it's unsigned.

quote:
I dont remember that Inkworks 2000 card being sealed. Just in hard case that it can be taken out of.

Picture of Bassam Abdul-Baki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:

It's too bad this link doesn't include everything.

Nonsport Promo Cards

Posts: 22 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a great site as it is. That was a lot of scanning and uploading. It's a nice mix of common and rare promos.

quote:
Originally posted by Bassam Abdul-Baki:
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:

It's too bad this link doesn't include everything.

Nonsport Promo Cards

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 has an entry for "Ultraman (1993) Harvey Comics Entertainment" and notes that the promos are found 1 per issue of certain issues of the "Ultraman" comic. Years ago, I picked up a plastic pack that had the first three promos inside and I've seen another since but don't know the source. It's not a cello-pack but one of those plastic ones that appears to have been heat-sealed.

I hardly ever see any of the other cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 notes that the oversized #746 "Neeva" promo from the TSR Trading Cards (TSR, 1991) set was "inserted in an unknown magazine." That still may be true as some promos have multiple sources but Bill Mullins reported in a 1991 NSU article that it was distributed with ordering material from card/comic wholesalers.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 notes that "The Terminator 2" promo (Impel, 1990) had an unknown source. In his 1991 NSU article on promotional cards, Bill Mullins reported that the card was given out at the January Super Bowl Show in 1991, adding that "a couple thousand" cards were given out though he couldn't get a company representative to confirm the print run.

I will add that the Mullins' article is likely the earliest one published on promos.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 notes that the P00 "Sludge" promo from the Ultraverse II set (Skybox, 1994) was one of the cards in a promo cello-pack. "Comic Cards and Their Prices (Wallace-Homestead Book Company, 1994) says this card was given out at the "NY Comic Book Show" and that it had a print run of 10,000.

The P1 "Prime" promo from the same set was also reported by that book as being bagged with "Comic Book Collector" #14. "Comic Book Collector" was a magazine that covered non-sports in the early-mid 90's.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 says that the Zen Intergalactic Ninja promo (Maxx Cards, 1993) variant with dark blue lettering was inserted with an issue of "Comic Book Collector" magazine. It was inserted with issue #13 (January 1994). I see a sealed issue with the card inside for sale right now.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

I will add that the Mullins' article is likely the earliest one published on promos.

I think you are correct, at least in the non-sports world.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the next oldest one is in a 1993 or 1994 issue of Comic Book Collector.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

I think you are correct, at least in the non-sports world.