Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    PCE 2008, additions, deletions and corrections
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PCE 2008, additions, deletions and corrections
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Hi Jess,
Right. I have the signed version as well but sometimes as with, for example, the Comic Images Supreme autographed card of Joseph Linsner, there is a parallel unsigned one which is even harder to find than the signed one. By the way, I haven't listed that uncut Boris card for sale in eons. Perhaps you're referring to someone else, buddy.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have that 3 card uncut set of BORIS & JULIE too, but it measures 3.5" by 8", not 6".
I have one signed by Boris and one signed by Julie.
I do not have an unsigned one though.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was just referring to your listing at the beginning of the thread. I was looking at my Comic Images 3-card sheets the other day because I wanted to scan the Marilyn 2000 one for another thread noting Julie Strain's passing.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Hi Jess,
Right. I have the signed version as well but sometimes as with, for example, the Comic Images Supreme autographed card of Joseph Linsner, there is a parallel unsigned one which is even harder to find than the signed one. By the way, I haven't listed that uncut Boris card for sale in eons. Perhaps you're referring to someone else, buddy.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve,

I took a look at my Boris & Julie sheet today and saw that mine also measures 3 1/2 x 8. It was probably just a typo in the listing. I'm happy just having the signed one - might be the only thing I have signed by Vallejo.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I have that 3 card uncut set of BORIS & JULIE too, but it measures 3.5" by 8", not 6".
I have one signed by Boris and one signed by Julie.
I do not have an unsigned one though.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
S.

Saint, The (2002) Cards Inc. - addiitions for 2018
* the two cards below are not technically promos but are unreleased, unsigned autograph cards that appeared on the secondary market after the company went out of business
SA1 "Roger Moore"...ND
SA20 "Edward Woodward"...$3

Jess

I was looking through my Saint Album today (it has a mixture of Unstoppable and Cards Inc. sets) and discovered that I have unsigned autograph cards also for SA3 Annette Andre, SA4 Jane Asher, SA10 Johnny Briggs, SA15 David Graham and SA20 Edward Woodward so that's another 4 that can be added. I believe I am fortunate in that I do have a complete set of the Autograph cards duly signed in the album.

In addition to those cards I also found a blank Cards Inc. Sketch Card for 2000 A.D. and staying with the T's I can update Todd's entry for Thunderbirds entry on page 151 of the 2008 PCE in stating that the address shown on P1 is the Cards Inc Watford address, for P2 it is Paul Hart's address and for P3 the card states that is was issued with Thunderbird Magazine (which I believe is Issue 56 which does not bear a publication date.

See image below:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

I have also seen an unsigned A8, Isla Blair.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
S.

Saint, The (2002) Cards Inc. - addiitions for 2018
* the two cards below are not technically promos but are unreleased, unsigned autograph cards that appeared on the secondary market after the company went out of business
SA1 "Roger Moore"...ND
SA20 "Edward Woodward"...$3

Jess

I was looking through my Saint Album today (it has a mixture of Unstoppable and Cards Inc. sets) and discovered that I have unsigned autograph cards also for SA3 Annette Andre, SA4 Jane Asher, SA10 Johnny Briggs, SA15 David Graham and SA20 Edward Woodward so that's another 4 that can be added. I believe I am fortunate in that I do have a complete set of the Autograph cards duly signed in the album.

In addition to those cards I also found a blank Cards Inc. Sketch Card for 2000 A.D. and staying with the T's I can update Todd's entry for Thunderbirds entry on page 151 of the 2008 PCE in stating that the address shown on P1 is the Cards Inc Watford address, for P2 it is Paul Hart's address and for P3 the card states that is was issued with Thunderbird Magazine (which I believe is Issue 56 which does not bear a publication date.

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
and for P3 the card states that is was issued with Thunderbird Magazine (which I believe is Issue 56 which does not bear a publication date.

regards

John

August 2004
https://thunderbirds.fandom.co..._Two#Issue_Number_56

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Raj

Many thanks for the publication date.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Shown under the "D's" by promoking was a listing for Destination Dinosaur as an addition. 15 names were shown which a have rearranged in alphabetical order which combined with the three listed in PCE means that there are at least two entries for every dinosaur other than the Dinosaur eggs and Tyrannosaurus. Are these different images or something else?

Destination Dinosaur- ADDITION: this is an 18 card set.
Allosaurus
Apatosaurus
Deinonychus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dinosaur eggs
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Protoceratops
Protoceratops
Pteranadon
Pteranodon
Triceratops
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus
plus the three in PCE which are Allosaurus, Apatosaurus, Deinonychus

regards

John

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE 2008 contains the following text "thinner stock than the other Doctor Who promos" in the entry for "Doctor Who: The Definitive Collection Series One (2000) Strictly Ink" in the description for card NS-1. This statement also applies to cards DWM-1 and DWM-2 which can be found either with thick stock cream in colour or thinner stock whiter in colour. The preview set of 9 cards that was issued for this set can also be found with thick cream coloured stock or thin whiter coloured stock. Looking at the scans it is difficult to tell the difference between the two cards however the easiest way is to look at the gap between the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs on the back. Looking at the cards in reality you can see the difference as well as feel the difference with the thickness of the card stock.

Scans of these two cards are shows below:-

Cream thicker Stock Back

White Thinner Stock back

regards

John

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Under category C mention is made of some cards called Cabbage Patch Kids Young Astronauts number not known but at least 3.

I have 4 being numbers 1, 2, 4, 5.

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've started updating my listing and got all the way to the R's today before I had to stop.

Jess

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon

I recently came across the Tales of Midnight cards in my collection, 16 in all. Checking them against the entry in PCE 2008 (page 148) which shows that the quantity in the set unknown but list 25 cards essentially this being two sets of eleven CP and PC numbering plus others being autograph cards. Of my cards, 5 are autograph cards. a complete set of PC1 to PC11 (PC11 is the autograph card) plus an unsigned PC11 autograph card, CP1, an unsigned CP11, an unnumbered signed autograph card and a P8 autograph card that is unsigned. 14 of the cards have the back with the man armed and cards CP1, CP11 have the back with clenched fists. The cards themselves feature images of the Corgi model figures, some of which appear to be partially painted. The image on card PC2 is artwork by Stefano Mendoza. The fronts of the card shows the Corgi logo other than PC2, PC11, P8 and the unnsigned autograph. The CP11 card also has the Corgi logo as it displays a small figure.

Of the five autograph cards two are signed and they share three different images, all of which include an image of Francis Lee the writer/creator. Of the two different backs, the back of the man with clenched fists also has the set title with different lettering

If anyone wants to see image let me know.

regards

John

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Evening

Yet more time spent going through my Promo Binders. Its a slow process and I am only only on Binder 3 of more than 12.

PCE 2008 has an entry for Upper Deck's Street Fighter on page 145 showing two cards SF1 and SF2. I have three different back versions for this card as follows:-

Back A

Back B

Back C

Backs A and B are in English whereas Back C is in Italian and Spanish if I have my languages correct.

regards

John

Apologies for the missing images, I have no idea what went wrong and I have only just discovered the problem.

regards

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Glitch! no images

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't see any images either but checked the SF1 I have against one on the web and do see definite back text differences. It's possible a promo different from the one distributed in America appeared in the UK. John might be able to remedy the technical issue faster than I can get a scan-and-Photoshop post together. I haven't seen one in other languages.

Jess

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Please accept my apologies, I have just now corrected the problem on the original post.

regards

John

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't see any images either but checked the SF1 I have against one on the web and do see definite back text differences. It's possible a promo different from the one distributed in America appeared in the UK. John might be able to remedy the technical issue faster than I can get a scan-and-Photoshop post together. I haven't seen one in other languages.

Jess

Jess

I obtained the cards from online purchases from North America. These days I get very few entertainment cards from the UK.

regards

John

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Nice, I didnt know about these. And I just traded away one. Probably one I shoulda kept.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Following a previous post about Cabbage Patch Kids cards, I was reminded that I had some other cards called Cabbage Patch Kids Circus Kids. It is a set of 6 and was issued by Coleco.

No 1 Teasin' Topper
No 2 Cuddly Crinkles
No 3 Peppy Polka Dot
No 4 Rowdy Rainbow!
No 5 Bashful Bowtop!
No 6 Preppy Pom Pom

Also enclosed was a typed card with details of the set and others issued by Coleco.

I have attached scans of cards 1 and 6 and the typed card.

This is card no 1 Front

No 1 Back

This is card no 6 Front

No 6 Back

I also have this other card that is unnumbered. It is Spike from a series called Cabbage Patch Kids All Stars.

Front

Back

regards

John