Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    PCE 2008, additions, deletions and corrections
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PCE 2008, additions, deletions and corrections
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that update, Cecil. I hadn't heard of the Asterix album nor the two rare Simpsons cards.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
Asterix Collection (1996). 16 card set. Promotes the comic book hero. Front has pictures of the characters. Back has info in French and English. Canadian issue. Inserted in VIAU products. No manufacturer.
There is also an uncut sheet of these cards which exists.

New Addition for 2017

There is a really nice album that was issued to
hold these cards.

Correction to updated post:

Simpsons, The (1998) Fox 30 card set. Inserted 1 per package in CC's foods.

There are 32 cards in this set. Cards 31 and 32 are marked "rare".

Posts: 651 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That Playboy set would not have been included in PCE since it promotes an adult card set (i.e one with nude photos). Todd did allow cards that promoted sets/products with illustrated nudity.

Jess

quote:
New additions to 2017
========

Grossology (SegaSoft) n.d., n.n. Promotes game software and website.
http://www.GrossologyGames.com
8 (standard sized) card cello pack inserted in PC game box.

n.n. Scab factoid
n.n. Dandruff factoid
n.n. Earwax factoid
n.n. Snot factoid
n.n. Bad Breath factoid
n.n. Burp factoid
n.n. Saliva factoid
n.n. Zits factoid
=======

Disney Family - Nestle (3.75" x 7.5")
n.d. unknown qty. Not sure how they were distributed.
I have these:
1 - Pluto licking Mickey on his face.
3 - Minnie teasing Pluto with bone.
6 - Pluto drooling for pie on ledge.
11 - Daisy Wanting to vacuum. Donald passed out on couch.
12 - Scrooge counting gold, witch casting spell from window.
14 - Pluto @ birthday cake, Mickey with large bone.
n.n. 4 different perfed images of duck with large curl over forehead.
n.n. 4 different perfed images of Donald; with ball and bat, with birthday cake, car trouble, playing Sax.
[All numbered cards have postcard backs, unnumbered cards have Nestle Disney Family printed on back of the 3 perforated cards]
=======

Men In Black Data File set of 40.
(1997) n.n. (1.875" x 3") booklets open (3.75") revealing images and data from first movie. Extremely hard to collate since they all have "data" written with different images and text. Australian issue.
=======

Primates of the World (actual date unknown but mid-90's) cards were inserted into animal figure boxes. n.n. Blank gray backed.

n.n. Baboon Hamadryas
n.n. Rufous-Handed Howler
n.n. Ring-Tailed Lemur
n.n. Cotton-Headed Tamarin
n.n. Common Chimpanzee
n.n. Slender Loris
n.n. Diana Monkey
n.n. Orang-Utan
n.n. Potto
n.n. Snub-Nosed Monkey
n.n. Black Spider Monkey
n.n. De Brazza's Monkey
=======

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1998) n.n. Totino's Pizza. (Logo's on back of phone card.) One card per pizza.
n.n. 2 fingers touching w/sky
n.n. Bicycle ride/moon background
n.n. E.T. Profile w/ finger glowing
n.n. E.T. Profile behind opening door
=======

Estes Rockets n.n. No date 1 lenticular card measuring 4" x5" was attached (lightly glued) to the front box window. Card shows 3 guys watching the rocket ignite and lift off. Has the Estes logo on top above guys heads. Back Of card states "Produced by World Holographics, otherwise blank. Promotes the hobby of model rocketry.
=======

Katie Stam , Miss America 2009. Winners Drink Milk campaign sponsored by The American Dairy Association of Indiana. Katie's photo on front surrounded by milk products, back of card gives her personal stats such as her 4-H involvement, college, favorite ice cream.
=======

Dinosaur stickers n.n. n.d. Issued as panels of 2 stickers, 12 stickers total. Panels measure 1.375 x 2.25 and came 1 panel per package of Danimals Yogurt.
n.n. Tyrannosaurus / Pachycephhlosaurus
n.n. Triceratops / Centrosaurus
n.n. Apatosaurus / Deinonychus
n.n. Anatosaurus / Corythosaurus
n.n. Scelidosaurus / Compsognathus
n.n. Pteranodon / Dimorphodon
=======

Animaniacs stickers n.n. 1995 Warner Brothers. Sun-Maid Raisins 6 cello packages with 2 stickers each.
n.n. Dot/The Brain
n.n. Dot/Runt
n.n. Wakko/Pinky
n.n. Wakko/Dr. Scratchansniff
n.n. Yakko/Rita
n.n. Yakko/Slappy
=======

Walt Disney Classics - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs set of 8 lenticular cards, inserted one per package of Ready Brek (Weetabix) snacks. Cards measure 2.25" x 3.25" and are numbered "1 in a set of 8", etc.; promotes the release of the Snow White video. British release.
=======

Butt-Ugly Martians (2000 Just Ent. LTD, Mike Young LTD.) 1.75" x 2.75" cards from action figures. Qty unknown. Numbered. Card fronts are all the same, backs have name, picture and number.
#03 - Corporal Do-Wah
#04 - Commander B.BOP BKM
#05 - Tech Officer 2-T BKM
#12 - Emperor Bog
#15 - Dog
#16 - Mikey Ellis Extreme
#24 - Fleaboid
=======

Dinosaurs (1995) Grist Mill Fruit Snacks n.n. Cards on back of box. Qty. unknown, come 2 per box.

n.n. Apatosaurus, Tyrannosaurus
=======

Dinosaur Collector Cards (no date but was 1995) Golden Grain Macaroni and Cheese "Collect All 4" on box. n.n. One card printed per box.
n.n. Stegosaurus
n.n. Diplodocus
n.n. Tyrannosaurus Rex
=======

Playboy (1993) unopened pack. Front card has the Swedish Bikini Team. The last card says #6 Betty Page with the word promo printed over the text in light red text.
=======

Posts: 651 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:

A1 Master of the Grill (no year). Set number n.k. Promotes A1 Sauce with various athlete's favorite recipes listed on the back of each card.

Hi Cecil,
I already had listed this set on my updated list but would like to know how many players participated, if you or someone else have all the cards. Neat little set.

Posts: 602 | Location: fort lauderdale fl usa | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The chromium sets display only Playboy magazine covers which could be suggestive but not show clear nudity even now.

quote:
I don't see much difference in this set and the Chromium
Sets. But, that's cool, I'm ok with it being in my collection.

Concerning the other listings, have you heard of everything
Else in my listing? I was lucky back in the day to have a few
Really good traders in Australia, Canada and Amsterdam that took
really good care of me. I'm really having a great time rediscovering my collection.

quote:
That Playboy set would not have been included in PCE since it promotes an adult card set (i.e one with nude photos). Todd did allow cards that promoted sets/products with illustrated nudity

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Isn't that A1 Masters of the Grill part of a 28 card set ? Doing a search, that is what I have seen.

Posts: 4045 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Looking back, it was 28 cards. I found the complete set in my football promo album and a few overlap singles in the non-sport album. Will now switch the 28 into my non-sport one and claim one more set completed! Dance

Posts: 602 | Location: fort lauderdale fl usa | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure that these are not in PCE:

Images of Shadowhawk (1994) variants on the regular 9 promos from Cards Illustrated; the variants have foil borders and come sealed in an 8 x 11 plastic holder/frame, with a seal of authenticity. Even though many were made (if one is to believe the numbering on the sticker/seal), I have only come across this set once.

Posts: 4045 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen someone offer gold-bordered versions of the cards. I figured it must have been from a mailaway offer in the magazine or maybe one of their promotions (contest prize or gift to dealers for ordering a certain number of copies).

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I am pretty sure that these are not in PCE:

Images of Shadowhawk (1994) variants on the regular 9 promos from Cards Illustrated; the variants have foil borders and come sealed in an 8 x 11 plastic holder/frame, with a seal of authenticity. Even though many were made (if one is to believe the numbering on the sticker/seal), I have only come across this set once.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David,

I sent you scans of the front and back of this card today but I don't see how photos are posted to the forum - no attach icon unless I'm missing it somehow. I see that people have posted photos before. If a moderator doesn't see this, can anyone else give me the steps to post a photo?

Jess

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Can someone post a pic or send me a link of what this ASH chrome card look like ? Does not ring a bell

I am familiar with the promos on the 1997 card set and the Wizard card, but I can't picture this one. Thanks

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

This card is actually part of the Event Comics Fan Club membership packet which I listed under "E." The packet was something you could buy in a comic book store but might have been a mailaway as well. The packet included two comics including Ash "0," an exclusive (not sure if the other was an exclusive), a signed artwork, the chromiun card, and the 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 card. The packet cost $6-7 originally and is hard-to-find that cheap now.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:

Ash (no year). 1 card set. Chromium. Front has a comic character with a planet glowing in the background. Back says "Event Comics Quesada & Palmiotti". Presumably promotes a comic book. No manufacturer.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cecil,

They are marked on the back.

I have seen only one card marked "Kroger" and "7-Eleven."

Jess

quote:
Where are any of the cards marked "sample"? Another question, are there more than 1 card marked Kroger and 7 Eleven?

quote:
An American Tale : Fievel Goes West (1991). Impel.
"Cat R. Waul"; has Pizza Hut logo but not marked as a sample.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I thought that there were 7 promos total on American Tail

1 Kroger / 7-11

3 samples

3 Pizza Hutt promos

I will have to pull my binder to check

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was in a comic book store a couple of weeks ago buying a couple of issues for my nieces when I noticed an unopened back issue of Advance Comics on the counter. It had Green Hornet comic artwork from the early 90's on the cover. I was going to ask how much it was but the clerk just gave it to me just because I showed some interest. Someone had found it in a box with some comic back issues. It still had the Marvel Universe 3 hologram promo inside and in great shape too. And this was on top of the clerk giving me a discount on the comics. Nice people.

After getting home, I paged through it and found some card info. PCE2008 lists "Nike Trading Cards" which was a 6 card set packaged in a fold-up box. It features images from earlier TV ads that starred Spike Lee (as Mars Blackmon) and Michael Jordan.
In the late 90's I was told it was sent to poster dealers, but in the issue of Advance Comics I just got (#40, April 1992), there's an ad for the set and it's among the products in the orderbook that accompanies the issue.

The Advance Comics ad even mentions that these sets were sold in a display box. I've never seen that box and only a couple of packs so I wonder how good of a seller it was back in 1992 and if some packs were actually just given out later.

The PCE2008 listing does note a seventh card which is part promo card; part order card direct from Nike. Todd knew the set was was not a promo but likely included it anyway because it was unlikely to be listed elsewhere other than perhaps some obscure guide to oddball Jordan cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cecil,

PCE didn't cover cards that were meant to be cut off of packaging. He notes that at the front of PCE2008 where he noted the inclusion of product premiums. You might recall that Todd did not include product premiums in the first few editions of the guide. Todd didn't say why he didn't include cut-out cards but assume it's the same reason he didn't provide values for inbound cards in magazines/comics. Cutting them out would decrease the value of the publication or the cereal box, cereal boxes being collectible to some people as well.

Iron-ons and mini-comics might be pushing the rules as well. I can't recall offhand if any iron-ons or mini-comics are covered. I have wondered if any promo mini-tattoos are listed (vague memory of at least one listed). Those are roughly card-sized and card-like enough to fit in a sleeve and top loader. Along with Fish-O-Saurs stickers, Van de Kamps released mini-tattoos with the same artwork as the stickers.

In any case thanks for listing those as I'm sure there is some overlap between card and cereal box/other flattenable product packaging collecting.

Jess

P.S. Flattenable. adj. refers to an object that can be flattened yet still retain its essential structure and collectible value.

quote:
NEW ADDITIONS 2017-

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 1993 n.n. Pillsbury Two cards were printed on the back of their Deluxe Brownie and Deluxe Bar mix. The cards have black printed perf marks, cards are approximately 2.75"x3.5". The distribution of the cards were as follows:

Oreo Deluxe Bars mix- Snow White and Dopey.
Nutter Butter Deluxe Bars- Grumpyand Sneezy.
Hot Fudge Brownie mix- Sleepy and Bashful.
Cream Cheese Swirl Deluxe Brownie mix- Happy and Doc.
=======

Flintstone and Jetson Iron-Ons. 1992 n.n. Carnation Instant Cocoa. Tri-folded panels 3"x3.5"
2 characters per panel with instructions on the center panel.

n.n. Fred on wooden ski/ Astro and Elroy on raft
n.n. Wilma on wooden ice skates / Rosie the Robot
n.n. Barney ice fishing / George on rocket ship in single ski
n.n. Bamm-Bamm with Dino on sled / Jane on rocket powered skates
======

Superheroes Mini-Comics 1993 n.n. Cinnamon Mini-Buns cereal. Comics measure approximately 2.5"x3.75" with 8 pages.

n.n. Flash VS Dr. Polaris
n.n. Superman VS Metallo
n.n. Wonder Woman and the StarRiders
n.n. Justice Keague America VS Amazo
=======

=======

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE is a pretty loose assemblage of cards. Todd broke his own rules sometimes. I think the listings you've provided are useful - stuff I didn't know about. Those cards should be listed somewhere. Why not make your own thread?

Jess

quote:
Thanks for your input Jess. Me personally, if a product has cards on the back meant to be cutout, I leave the boxes intact. It would be a shame for these products and premiums to be lost forever because it didn't "fit". Same goes for Todd listing certain sports cards cause they aren't listed anywhere else. I didn't realize that box premiums shouldn't be posted so I won't post them anymore. One thing I am finally realizing is my style of collecting doesn't belong here.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Since many people here collect dinosaur cards I thought I’d share this with you all. Lowery Big Beef, product of Curtis Burns Meat Snacks. Issued in panels of 2, no date, set of 12.

Posts: 706 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
FOXARAMA 1994 numbered (3.75”x4”) 8 card set Revenge of the Nerds IV #1-4; Living Single #1-4. All cards are ‘Scratch & Sniff’ Cards all coinciding with numbered moments in the tv shows.

Posts: 706 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cecil,

I collect dinosaur cards too. I don't think I've seen those before. Do you know about when those were available?

Jess

quote:
Since many people here collect dinosaur cards I thought I’d share this with you all. Lowery Big Beef, product of Curtis Burns Meat Snacks. Issued in panels of 2, no date, set of 12.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I’ve had these cards for at least 20 years. I think I only have two different panels.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
See the 2005 Bazooka Joe card by Topps in the DVDs. Scan below.

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....317072886#2317072886

Posts: 2043 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post