Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    PCE 2008, additions, deletions and corrections
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PCE 2008, additions, deletions and corrections
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have completed my update. I would have been done with this in January but the computer that had all my info on it had a weird problem and I couldn't access the file. Much of the info was backed up elsewhere but only up to November so I had to recheck my collection and notes and retype the M-Z entries.

Doing this helped organize some of my promos and give me a better idea of what I have/don't have. I made some notes on what I'm missing from incomplete promo sets while looking for cards not in PCE.

One interesting thing I noticed between my update and Promoking's is that there is very little overlap in the A's-B's despite the fact we were looking for the same things. We both found Asterix, that Batman-Canadian set and that Ash chromium promo but just about everything else on his list I have not seen. Part of it is just what we were looking for specifically and what we found by luck in different parts of the country but then we are both also looking online so you would think we would have found a lot of the same stuff.

Jess

Posts: 689 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can someone post a pic or send me a link of what this ASH chrome card look like ? Does not ring a bell

I am familiar with the promos on the 1997 card set and the Wizard card, but I can't picture this one. Thanks

Posts: 4091 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Promoking,

I remember when you said something like there are thousands of promos out there, and at first I doubted that, but then while going through my own collection and what's in PCE and what you've listed so far (and what else I've heard about but not seen), I realized that you're probably right. None of us can be everywhere. Even efficient searches online aren't going to reveal some number of cards because people misspell or call the cards by the wrong name (or they don't have a clear name). You can go only to so many flea markets and garage sales. You only bump into them accidentally while you're looking for something else. I found a couple of oddball promos at a used record store. It's only through a forum like this are we going to get some idea of how many promos there appear to be.

I expected to start finding fewer cards by the end of last year but I still keep finding oddballs almost every week. I might be able to add as many cards this year to my listing as I just added. It just depends on how much of my free time I can spend on the search.

I hope you can find some time to update your list but I certainly understand how time-consuming it is.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
quote:
One interesting thing I noticed between my update and Promoking's is that there is very little overlap in the A's-B's despite the fact we were looking for the same things. We both found Asterix, that Batman-Canadian set and that Ash chromium promo but just about everything else on his list I have not seen. Part of it is just what we were looking for specifically and what we found by luck in different parts of the country but then we are both also looking online so you would think we would have found a lot of the same stuff.

That's why I LOVE collecting promos. there's always something arcane to be found. To me, as I've said before, collecting promos is a hobby in its infancy. The thrill of coming upon something new that was produced 20 years ago is primordial. Where else can you be a pioneer?Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to update my list. Hope to do so in the near future.

Posts: 689 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw these 2 framed "promos" recently. Can't post pictures, but I don't see them in PCE at all. Are they real or fan made ?

Frame #1-- shows 5 SkyBox cards (Marvel, Superman, Ultraverse, Star Trek and Sandman) plus 2 pogs, has a plaque which references the Oct 1993 SkyBox Int'l Philadelphia Comicfest

Frame #2-- shows Superboy, Star Trek, motorcycle card, 2 sports cards, with a plaque referencing the Skybox 14th Annual Sports Collectors Convention

Posts: 2116 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just updated my listings for A-F (cards I found last year). The added entries say "New for 2017." When prices or cards or information was added to entries from last year, the entry has a note that says something like "2017 addition" and/or "2017 price update" and/or "2017 additional information.

I ran into an apparent character limit in the A-F post (looks like I hit it last time but didn't notice it). I moved the F listings into the post that started with the G listings. I might have to shift listings similarly as I update them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just updated my listing through Q.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've completed the 2017 update (A-Z) of my previous listings.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, Cecil. I will add that to the listing.

quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
quote:
United States Customs Service (1996) Manufacturer n.k.; Set number n.k.; given out by U.S. Customs employees; available in 4-card cello packs - 3 cards and one sticker (always the same sticker - the U.S. Customs emblem); photos of drug-sniffing dogs; the date of the cards is not visible on unopened packs but they can be distinguished from other series by their red borders and a city name at the lower right corner.

The 1996 set consists of 56 cards. None of the sets have a manufacturer listed.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
No problem, happy to contribute!

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Thanks for the info, Cecil. I will add that to the listing.

quote:
quote:
United States Customs Service (1996) Manufacturer n.k.; Set number n.k.; given out by U.S. Customs employees; available in 4-card cello packs - 3 cards and one sticker (always the same sticker - the U.S. Customs emblem); photos of drug-sniffing dogs; the date of the cards is not visible on unopened packs but they can be distinguished from other series by their red borders and a city name at the lower right corner.

The 1996 set consists of 56 cards. None of the sets have a manufacturer listed.

Posts: 706 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I apologize if these are listed.

PROMO GUIDE ADDITIONS:
Cracker Jacks Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (1993 Bordens. Inc.)
24 card set - [1 5/16" x 1 3/4"]

CJ001 Tattoo's (collect all 8)
Sonic (head shot looking forward)
Sonic (running)
Sonic (seated sipping soda)
Tails (headshot looking forward)
Tails (waving)
Dr. Robotnik (headshot screaming)
Dr. Robotnik (jumping screaming)
Knuckle's (full body shot facing forward)

CJ002 die-cut sticker's (collect all 8)
Sonic w/Tail's (running fast)
Sonic (lifting dumb bells)
Sonic (flying)
Tail's (running)
Tail's (standing)
Dr. Robotnik (club in hand)
Dr. Robotnik (standing)
Knuckle's (standing)

CJ003 die-cut pencil toppers (collect all 8)
Sonic (running standing)
Sonic (rolling in ball)
Tail's ( facing forward)
Tail's (jumping hands outstretched)
Dr. Robotnik (angry, one hand overhead)
Dr. Robotnik (angry headshot)
Knuckle's (standing mischievous)

[if you follow the way the cards are laid out above,
this checklist is missing a Sonic pencil topper).

Legion of Super Heroes (2007) DC Comics. Set number n.k.; inserted in toys
Of the same name included in McDonald's Happy Meals; artwork based on
animation; n.n....$2

Additional cards:

Mano
Validus
Bouncing Boy
Lightning Lad
Tharok

Pocahontas (1993) (6 different patches) inserted 1 patch into boxes of
Cheerios cereal.

Complete set of 6 characters.
n.n. Pocahontas
n.n. John Smith
n.n. Percy (dog)
n.n. Meeks (raccoon)
n.n. Gov. Ratcliffe
n.n. Flit (hummingbird)

Posts: 706 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Nintendo Top Secret Power (1993) Nintendo.
n.n. "Link"
n.n. "Zelda"...$10-15 New addition for 2017

Are these the came cards that were inserted in Apple Jacks cereal in 1993?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cecil,

Yes. I see these available occasionally. Sometimes, the seller wants $15-20 each; other times you can pick one up for just a few bucks.

Jess

quote:
n.n. "Link"

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I just wondered since the listing didn't acknowledge they were Apple Jacks inserts.
Well, someone can add a "Mario" card to the list. Thanks for responding.

quote:
Hi Cecil,

Yes. I see these available occasionally. Sometimes, the seller wants $15-20 each; other times you can pick one up for just a few bucks.

Jess

quote:
n.n. "Link"

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They are listed as being inserted within Apple Jacks in PCE 2008. It don't type out the whole listing - just enough for someone to be able to consult the book for the rest of the information.

Jess

quote:
I just wondered since the listing didn't acknowledge they were Apple Jacks inserts.
Well, someone can add a "Mario" card to the list. Thanks for responding.

quote:
Hi Cecil,

Jess

quote:
n.n. "Link"

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice. Yeah, those became hard-to-find and then impossible - not one of those things that became available years later either.

quote:
ALADDIN 1993 pop up cards inserted into
6 packs of Dannon Sprinklin's yogurt. Created
By The Creation Station. Cards measure approx.
2" x 4". The set was hard to complete as the
product disappeared quickly.

#1- Prince and Princess
#2- Princess Jasmine
#3- Aladdin
#4- Lago
#5- ????
#6- Abu
#7- The Sultan
#8- Jafar

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I found one last year and then saw someone selling the set. I think there was an Animaniacs set in Cracker Jacks in the 90's as well.

quote:
A

Animaniacs- 1995 6 different panels
of 2 characters. 1 panel (approx. 2" x 3")
was inserted loose into bags of mini-boxes.

n.n. Yakko and Rita
n.n. Dot and The Brain
n.n. Wakko and Dr. Scratchansniff
n.n. Wakko and Pinky
n.n. Yakko and Slappy
n.n. Dot and Runt

All backs the same- "Compliments of Sun-Maid
Raisins" w/ picture of raisin box, all
printed in red.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think a single panel was offered for $3 but someone else had the set for $10-12.

Jess

quote:
How much were they selling for?

quote:
Yes, I found one last year and then saw someone selling the set. I think there was an Animaniacs set in Cracker Jacks in the 90's as well.

quote:
A

Animaniacs- 1995 6 different panels
of 2 characters. 1 panel (approx. 2" x 3")
was inserted loose into bags of mini-boxes.

n.n. Yakko and Rita
n.n. Dot and The Brain
n.n. Wakko and Dr. Scratchansniff
n.n. Wakko and Pinky
n.n. Yakko and Slappy
n.n. Dot and Runt

All backs the same- "Compliments of Sun-Maid
Raisins" w/ picture of raisin box, all
printed in red.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Wow, I'd buy all I could get for those prices!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
F.

Fun Feast [Swanson](1998) Scooby-Doo! Cartoon Sticker Kit
Numbered 1 of 6- 6 of 6. Each tri-fold sticker sheet, when properly
placed on the corner of a notebook or book page corners creates a
Scooby-Doo mini-flipbook.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find any other sets mentioned but
There is the 1991 set with 81 cards; white border w/ blue stars. Sticker is white with U.S. Customs in blue, shield in blue and red. Has Canine Enforcement in lime green.

The 1999 set has 99 cards, blue borders with yellow stars. The sticker is the same as the
1996 set.

Not sure if any other sets were made available by Customs.

"United States Customs Service (1996) Manufacturer n.k.; 56 card set; given out by U.S. Customs employees; available in 4-card cello packs - 3 cards and one sticker (always the same sticker - the U.S. Customs emblem); photos of drug-sniffing dogs; the date of the cards is not visible on unopened packs but they can be distinguished from other series by their red borders and a city name at the lower right corner."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cecil,