Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    How the Grinch Stole Christmas promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How the Grinch Stole Christmas promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
This is on the Jim Carrey movie set from 2000, the card set by Dynamic Forces

Everyone has the easy to find promos P1, P13, P39, and the unnumbered one. They are all over the place. Regular card stock

Someone showed me versions of the 4 that are on FOIL stock, with refractor like images

I have never seen these before. Has anyone else ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have a P19 non-foil, but that probably doesn't help you.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, these 4 are definitely foil versions of the regular promos

No one seems to know of their origin, but they exist

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I finally obtained the 4 foil variants the other day. They are definitely not the same as the regular promos

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some of the unreleased P67 promos have started to appear you know where

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a scan. This one never surfaced years ago, but now it has.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And here are the foil versions of the 4 regular promos. These have also been "discovered" only within the past year.

These are P1, P13, P39 and unnumbered.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I have also seen a listing (a dealer list or something noted on a website - will try to find that again) of a Grinch lenticular card said to be a promo - haven't seen it yet. Do you or anyone else know if this a promo for the set or a promo for something else or even a promo at all?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
And here are the foil versions of the 4 regular promos. These have also been "discovered" only within the past year.

These are P1, P13, P39 and unnumbered.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, I have not seen a lenticular promo. I saw the listing, and wondered about that, as well.

Jeff Allender's site also lists a promo 00. Has anyone seen this ? I don't think that I have. I don't think he is referring to the unnumbered promo card.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have the unnumbered lenticular card that Jeff lists. It doesn't say "promotional" or anything similar on the back. I'm not sure how it was distributed, I'm pretty sure I got it off of ebay.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like there was also a separate 6 card lenticular / motion set which did not come in the packs, but was sold by Dynamic Forces back in the day, for $ 30 a set.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post