Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Simpsons II (1994) Skybox Bartscreen Decoder card
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simpsons II (1994) Skybox Bartscreen Decoder card
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I just noticed something from 25 years ago that I haven't seen before. I haven't collected the Simpsons Skybox cards but thought I'd seen everything from those sets. It's a Bartscreen Decoder card and apparently a mailaway (redemption card? wrapper offer? write-in giveaway?). I see it on Jeff Allender's list (though the source isn't given) but nowhere else (unlisted in a 2005 NSU issue, 2008 Promo Card Encyclopedia, Todd's Non-Sports Guide, nor the 1994 guide, "Comic Cards and Their Prices"). It's different from the B3 decoder card in its own cello-pack which was inserted with one of the Bongo comics.

Does anyone know where this came from?

Jess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about the one with Radioactive Man and Bart Man on it ?

I thought that was a mail away offer

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

Yes. How did you know you could mail away for it?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Are you talking about the one with Radioactive Man and Bart Man on it ?

I thought that was a mail away offer

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
While scrolling through the E Bay Promo Card list it says 27000 cards. I have come across one of these cards.
On the back it says Bongo 1993 Radioactive Man and Bartman swing into action.
A verticle column on the left side says Overstreet giveaway gimmick #7.
There is no information on how you were able to get the card.
Price $61.74 from COMCQ
Is this the card that is being discussed.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Piko,

No, that's a different card. You can find the card I'm talking about in Completed Auctions on Ebay by searching for "Bartscreen Decoder."

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
While scrolling through the E Bay Promo Card list it says 27000 cards. I have come across one of these cards.
On the back it says Bongo 1993 Radioactive Man and Bartman swing into action.
A verticle column on the left side says Overstreet giveaway gimmick #7.
There is no information on how you were able to get the card.
Price $61.74 from COMCQ
Is this the card that is being discussed.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes I sort of realised after putting up the post.
That it was not a decoder card.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are some packs of the Series 2 set on ebay. If you look closely, it says on the backs

GET YOUR GENUINE STATE OF THE ART BARTSCREEN TODAY ! It says you have to send in $ 2.00 plus something else (unfortunately the packs I see now on ebay have the rest of the words covered), I am guessing maybe some wrappers ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, David.

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It was definitely a limited time only wrapper offer. I sent in for three of them...and then gave away two of them to my nieces I'd given some Simpsons comics to (a few of the Bongo comics issued right around then had some hidden messages you could use the Bartscreen on). What I should've done was given my nieces a couple of the much easier to find B3 Itchy and Scratchy decoder cards which had the same function.

Because of the unusual distribution of it, the Bartscreen version has always been difficult to find.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post